May 2012 Moms

Finger foods

Hi!
Does anyone have recommendations for good non cereal finger foods?
My husband is VERY particular about what our son eats...literally everything is homemade, he's obsessive lol...but I feel like he needs a little more variety in the snack dept than just hunks of steamed sweet potatoes and apples or chopped up bananas.
What are your LOs eating for snacks?
Thanks!

Re: Finger foods

• Avacado, cooked baby carrots, cheese, strawberries, crackers
  • Chunks of ripe pear, mango, mashed blueberries (pretty much any fruit), yogurt.

I cut up string cheese a good amount as well...she loves that.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • DD loves raw cucumber slices and raw sugar snap peas, as well as strips of raw apple and pear.  String cheese is a big hit, but I try to limit how much cheese she has because it tends to bind her up, and also tends to have a lot of salt in it.  She also loves cooked green beans (whole ones, so she can hold them in her hand) and steamed broccoli (I give her the smaller stems to hold so she can eat the top parts).  Also, any kind of bread-- strips of toast, waffle, pancake, french toast, biscuits.  She's a carb-aholic already! 

• Cheese, dry toast, fruit, veggies, pasta noodles, scrambled egg yolks. He gets little bites of our meals too.
    BabyFetus Ticker

Corbin | born 4.19.12
    Baby boy #2 | due 4.13.15
  • Homemade cheese it's are a big hit with Lucas, found it on Pinterest.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Untitled
  • Thanks for all the great ideas! I'm definately running some of these by him tonight!
    We've been doing just fruits veggies up until now bc our pedi recommended no dairy or meat until 1yr. There were veggies I never even heard of let alone ate before H made baby food with them lol but we tried barley the other day and he loved it and we're going to try chicken and yogurt soon too. Can't wait to start really experimenting with flavors and textures outside the fruit and veggie world!
    Does anyone bake teething bars or anything like that? My friend sent me a recipe for a zucchini based one, it seemed pretty cool
  • imagebellelamb:
    Homemade cheese it's are a big hit with Lucas, found it on Pinterest.[/

Is it a recipe for mozzarella?
    I havent thought of it in years but we used to get the best handmade string cheese at the farmer's market before we moved, I would love to try my hand at it for B!
  • imageBlakeWard:
      Does anyone bake teething bars or anything like that? My friend sent me a recipe for a zucchini based one, it seemed pretty cool

I would love to get this recipe if it isn't too much trouble to post it.  DD loves zucchini and anything she can hold in her hand and munch on!

• My guy eats anything we eat. We've been really lucky that he gobbles up whatever we give him. Some faves are blueberry pancakes, spaghetti, fajitas and stuffed turkey burgers. We have found a lot of easy, healthy recipies on eatingwell.com.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imageELF4321:

imageBlakeWard:

I would love to get this recipe if it isn't too much trouble to post it.  DD loves zucchini and anything she can hold in her hand and munch on!

Zucchini Bread Teething Sticks:
    Makes 1 loaf
    1 small zucchini, about 5 to 6 ounces
    1 cup plus 2 tablespoons unbleached, allpurpose flour
    1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon or nutmeg
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1/2 teaspoon baking powder
    1/4 cup oil
    1/2 cup brown sugar
    2 large eggs
    Directions:
    Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter a loaf pan well. Assemble Cuisinart food processor with the shredding disc and shred the zucchini. Remove and reserve in a separate bowl. Combine the flour, cinnamon, salt and baking powder together in a small mixing bowl. Place the oil and brown sugar together in food processor work bowl fitted with metal chopping blade. Process for 20 seconds, scrape bowl and process again for 10 mroe seconds. Add eggs and process 20 seconds. Add dry ingredients to work bowl and pulse until combined. Pulse in shredded zucchini and process for 15 seconds. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan and bake until a cake tester comes out clean; 45 minutes. Cool cake completely. Slice cake into 1/2inch sticks.

Sounds so yummy and good for teething, hope she likes it!!
  • Thank you!!!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"