C-sections

Ceasarean Mamas are brave.

I had a rough time after my urgent C/S with DS. My recovery was slow and I was frustrated and it lead to PPD for me (among many other factors). I have always struggled with the way his birth went and it played a lot into my emotions about having another baby. The other day a very good friend sent me this article. It literally shook me to my core and I wished that I had read it a lot sooner or possibly even before James was born. I am linking it here so that you girls can read it if you like. For some it will be life changing and for others it will be the extra support we all need in down moments. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

https://avital.blogspot.ca/2011/01/cesarean-courage.html?showComment=1361503432288#axzz2Law6Yct6 

Re: Ceasarean Mamas are brave.

• I love this.   I had a emergency c section with my daughter and have elected to have a repeat one with my son.   It's amazing how many people seem to think I'm taking the eAsy way out!
  • Someone from the VBAC board sent me this a while back, as I was having a difficult time coming to terms about how my delivery ended, and it changed my thinking completely!!  It's an amazing article and it really made me understand what I had to do to get my LO out and how to be ok with it.  I saved this in my favorites so I can read it every now and again when I need that little reminder.

Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1: May 2011
    BFP: 10/27/2011 |  EDD: 6/30/12
    DS born 6/28/12 via C/S 3 

TTC #2: September 2018
    Me: 36 | DH: 39
    Mirena removed 9/13/2018 after 6 years
    BFP 11/11/2018 | MC @ 5.5 weeks on Thanksgiving
    July 2019 - Diagnosed with Secondary Unexplained IF
    August 2019 - 2.5 mg of Letrozole = Never Ovulated so Trigger and IUI were cancelled
    9/30/2019 - IUI #1 (5 mg of Letrozole + Trigger) =  BFP but Betas showed CP @ 4 weeks
    10/28/2019 - IUI #2 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Trigger) = BFN
    11/25/2019 - IUI #3 (7.5mg of Letrozole, Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    12/24/2019 - IUI #4 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    1/24/2020 - IUI #5 (50mg of Clomid + Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN and an Ovarian Cyst
    3/2/2020 - Taking a break to reset/NTNP
    11/1/2020 - At peace with where things are in life and are no long actively TTC. Whatever happens will happen and it will all be okay. <3

• Loading the player...
  • There is NOTHING easy about a c/s. Nothing. Klasala, I did the same. I sat here last night and sobbed. Sobbed from regret of never seeing it this way and wasting so much time greiving DS's birth and sobbed from the release of emotion that hit me like train when I realized...yes...I was brave, and yes I was willing to give my life for his first breath. It changed everything in a moment.

• imageshakes:
    There is NOTHING easy about a c/s. Nothing. Klasala, I did the same. I sat here last night and sobbed. Sobbed from regret of never seeing it this way and wasting so much time greiving DS's birth and sobbed from the release of emotion that hit me like train when I realized...yes...I was brave, and yes I was willing to give my life for his first breath. It changed everything in a moment.

EXACTLY! 

The weird thing was, was that it didn't bother me that I had a c/s until after the fact.  At the time, I just wanted him out safely and I never thought I would have been bothered if I ended with c/s.  My birth plan was to just get him out safely and to keep me safe too!  But then I couldn't help but feel like I missed out on so much, mostly on going into labor on my own and feeling like I failed to do what I was "made" to do.

It helped me realize that I was very brave to do what I had to do and wanted to do to bring his precious life into this world.  Yes, I was made to bring him into this life, and that is exactly what I did... I brought him here, just by being cut open!

Our TTC Journey

August 2019 - 2.5 mg of Letrozole = Never Ovulated so Trigger and IUI were cancelled
    9/30/2019 - IUI #1 (5 mg of Letrozole + Trigger) =  BFP but Betas showed CP @ 4 weeks
    1/24/2020 - IUI #5 (50mg of Clomid + Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN and an Ovarian Cyst
    11/1/2020 - At peace with where things are in life and are no long actively TTC. Whatever happens will happen and it will all be okay. <3

• And congratulations on number 2, Shakes : Very exciting!!
    Our TTC Journey

• What a great article!  At the time I didn't mind having a C Section but when I see photos of mothers holding their babies right after birth I get a little sad but am so happy that I and my baby are both healthy.  I was completely knocked out during my surgery and don't remember anything but I have the rest of my life to make memories with my son.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Awesome. Thank you.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagebabymakin17:
    I love this.   I had a emergency c section with my daughter and have elected to have a repeat one with my son.   It's amazing how many people seem to think I'm taking the eAsy way out!

Same exact situation here. Everyone thinks its so nice that I will be able to pick the day my baby is born. Well yeah, but I'm doing it because my DH and I are completely terrified of having do go through what we did with DDs birth. She was blue and unresponsive when she was born. She is fine, but it was the scariest day of my life. And I think it was worse for my DH, he still tears up when we talk about it. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Thank you for this! Amazing! 
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickersimage
  • I'm so glad you guys found something from this article. It's changed everything for me. You've very welcome

• Thank you so much for posting this!!! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Anniversary

• imagekaybe24:
    What a great article!  At the time I didn't mind having a C Section but when I see photos of mothers holding their babies right after birth I get a little sad but am so happy that I and my baby are both healthy.  I was completely knocked out during my surgery and don't remember anything but I have the rest of my life to make memories with my son.

I had this situation as well.  The c-section itself didn't bother me so much - it was being put under that bothered me (bothers still sometimes, if we're being honest).  

Thanks for posting that article - I will try to remind myself of this when I feel regret that I didn't get to hear my son's first cries or meet him until many hours later. 

Little B 9.20.12
  • Yep same regrets here... I did get to hear both of their first cries, but didn't get to "meet" them until hours later. Sometimes I look at pics of my friends holding their babies right after delivery and I am jealous...  Both of my  c-sections were emergency situations, so I really didn't have a choice.  For my 2nd, we did want to attempt a VBAC and my OB was totally on board... in fact, he encouraged it.  But my body had different plans.

In any case, I have two beautiful children that are my whole world and the loves of my life.   

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • This helped me so much--thank you. I had a c section on 2.4 and I've been grieving the birth experience I had planned for my daughter. I had a mid wife, my husband was going to help catch the baby and cut the cord...it's been very hard for me to let that go. I've also been told that all future kids will have to be c section and that was hard for me. Thank you.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersimage

Lilypie Maternity tickers image
  • imageMrsTwiddy:
    This helped me so much--thank you. I had a c section on 2.4 and I've been grieving the birth experience I had planned for my daughter. I had a mid wife, my husband was going to help catch the baby and cut the cord...it's been very hard for me to let that go. I've also been told that all future kids will have to be c section and that was hard for me. Thank you.

I'm so sorry to hear that. May I ask why the projection that all your pregnancies will end in a RCS? I know sometimes there can be circumstances that remove the opportunity for a vbac. *hug*

• Another thank you for posting this. It brought tears to my eyes. I had an emergency c-section with my daughter, and I've always been sad about not experiencing birth the "way it was intended." After I had her, I read a lot about natural birth and even did my final paper in my anthropology class on an ethnography about "birth in four nations." I was absolutely determined to attempt VBAC if I ever got pregnant again.

Almost 8 years later, and I've made the choice to RCS. It was a very hard internal struggle, and even though I would like to TRY VBAC, I don't want to risk anything happening to my baby. With my daughter, if i had continued to push, she would have been dead. The doctors and the monitors alerted us that she was in distress, and distress she was in, with the cord around her neck and in front of her face.

Without that surgery, I am absolutely positive we would have lost her. I can't bear the thought of the possibility of anything like that happening again. I would rather put my body through the pain, and take the risks myself so that my baby comes into this world healthy and unharmed.

OMG too many tickers...
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"