January 2013 Moms
Options

Drop feeding? Dream feed?

So for the last 2 nights I was very very tired and decided to skip the 10 pm feeding figuring DD will wake when she is hungry and it will just change our schedule a little.  On the first night, she ate at 7:00 and slept from about 8 till 2:40 but last night she ate at 7 and slept straight through until 5 am!  While it was nice to get the sleep, it worried me because thats skipping 2 feedings essentially.  But on the nights that I feed her at 10 she only sleeps till anywhere between 2:30 and 4:30.  So what would you do?  Continue to skip the 10 pm feeding or add it back and hope that the time balances out and she drops the middle of the night/early morning feeding on her own?  I just fed her (she only took about an ounce and a half) and put her down for the night, not quite 10 but she was tired.  

Btw, she's 7 weeks and about 12 lbs at this point.  She has been taking about 28 oz per day but now with the last couple days shes only getting 23-25.  Im wondering if this might just be a growth spurt and she's just tired or if she isnt feeling well and sleeping more.  Thoughts?

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Drop feeding? Dream feed?

• Options
    It sounds like she is phasing it out on her own if she is only feeding a small amount. Sounds like you are one step closer to better sleep! Congrats!
  • Options
    If your baby is hungry she'll let you know (unless you have reason to believe otherwise, which it doesn't sound like you do).  I wouldn't worry about it.
    imagephoto 64bf363d-3af0-4dcc-b880-c06326daa418_zps78d8d389.jpg
    *My Blog*
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

photo 0cc607b9-4233-4842-8175-d093f8f92ca8_zps7cc00875.jpg
    10/50 Read

my read shelf:
    Stephanie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"