Babies: 6 - 9 Months

6 month old solids schedule

Hi!

How much solid food is your 6 month old eating? My DD is on her 3rd ear infection in 6 months. We have been very slow to introduce new foods while she is on antibiotic. I wanted to make sure I knew the side effects of the medication before introducing a new food so I would be able to distiguish a reaction.

Anyway, the only solids she has had are cereal and baby bananas. She didn't really seem interested in either. I attempt to feed her once a night. At this point, I realize the point of solids is mostly just "practice" and to introduce new flavors, but I am curious to know if we are behind other families with similar aged babies.

Thank you!

Re: 6 month old solids schedule

• We just started solids 3 weeks ago and he gets about two tablespoons of cereal (either rice or oatmeal) and half a container of veggie once a day at dinner.  I'm going to leave it as is for a while.  Maybe in a few weeks I will send some fruit and cereal to daycare for lunch, but I'm really in no hurry.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP#1 10 wk missed mc      

BFP#2 DS born at 40+2 on 8/14/12  BFP#3 DD Born at 39+3 on 5/13/14

• I started with just once a day.  I do twice a day now (morning and late afternoon).  She isn't really interested in solids yet though, so she doesn't take much.  I will probably move up to three meals a day around 9 months.
  • Loading the player...
  • We have offered baby oatmeal, banana, and avacodo.  DS is not really interested in eating.  He's just interested in chewing the spoon right now or my finger.  So we offer and clean up the mess.  He doesn't get anywhere close to one ounce servings.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My LO is 6 months and loves solids. I offered once a day for a week but she gulps it down, literally I put the spoon to her mouth and she grabs it and puts the food in her mouth. I usually offer it twice a day for lunch and dinner within 30 min after she nurses. She usually eats 2oz at a time.
  • Thanks! This makes me feel more normal...even with all of our ear infections and antibiotics!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"