April 2012 Moms

Crib not lowered yet??

My DD is almost 11 months old.  She can cruse around like nobody's business...but she cannot pull herself into a standing position OR into a sitting postition (consistently.)  She has been army crawling since she was 8 months old...and now all she wants to do is stand (with assistance) and cruise around the furnture....but because she army crawls and does not get up on to her hands and kneees...she can't get herself into a position to pull herself up and she cant get herself into a sitting position.  (As far as the sitting...she has done it TWICE both times in her crib after a nap...two consecutive days in a row and hasn't done it since)....

My first question is:  Should I be worried???

Second question if:  We haven't lowered our crib to the low setting yet...the matress is currentlyin the middle position so that when she sits up only the top portion of her head is over the rail....Should we lower it now...or still wait until she can pull herself up (since its obviously easier to have her higher up..)

Side note:  She is very verbal and says hi and daddy at 10.5 months old....And she stands flat-footed and can push her walking toys and cruise the furniture....

Re: Crib not lowered yet??

• Re: Question 2: I feel like if you're asking the question you think that maybe you should lower it. Here's my thought-- yeah, it might be a bit more difficult, but you'll KNOW she's safe. The only place she has pulled herself into a sitting position is in her crib -- and it's really easy to go from sitting to standing with all the bars to grab onto.

I don't know about Question 1. My gut says that she's probably fine, but that's something to ask your doc! :) 

Good luck!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagestacieann15:

Re: Question 2: I feel like if you're asking the question you think that maybe you should lower it. Here's my thought-- yeah, it might be a bit more difficult, but you'll KNOW she's safe. The only place she has pulled herself into a sitting position is in her crib -- and it's really easy to go from sitting to standing with all the bars to grab onto.

I don't know about Question 1. My gut says that she's probably fine, but that's something to ask your doc! :) 

Good luck!

Yes 

Micah Leonard
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I would most likely lower the bed just to be safe, because you never know when she will learn to pull up. Like PP I would bring your concerns up to your doctor.

• I'd lower it. why take the chance that the first time she pulls up is in the crib? That being said we haven't lowered ours because DS has never put himself into a sitting or standing position and can't crawl yet. Once he does one of those things I'll dig out the tool box.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"