1st Trimester

Newly Pregnant...?

So I have taken 3 at-home pregnancy tests, all positive. The first I took Monday morning, the next Tuesday morning, the last on Tuesday night. But I went to my doctors this morning and did the peeing in a cup and their test came out negative. Is their test wrong or is mine? I was spotting earlier in the month and still 5 days late for my period. Am I really pregnant? I made an appointment with an OB/GYN for Thursday morning so I'm hoping that'll put an answer to it once and for all.

Re: Newly Pregnant...?

• Perhaps their test wasn't as sensitive as your was? Did you use the first pee of the day to test?

BFP #1 11/07/2012 EDD 07/09/2013 M/C 11/22/2012

BFP #2 02/05/2013 EDD 09/19/2013 Arrived via c-section 09/27/2013

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• At the doctors it wasn't the first pee..and there was very little since I didn't have to pee too much.
  • Loading the player...
  • imagessctpearl:
    At the doctors it wasn't the first pee..and there was very little since I didn't have to pee too much.

That may be the problem right there. I would either take it with FMU or have them do the blood test. GL! 

V|V TSP V|V
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • early and first response tests are more sensitive than those used at a doctor's office. The early response will show a positive with hcg as low as 5 while a doctor's office test is usually for 25+. You could always ask for a blood draw to get the exact level; however, from my experience with a chemical pg, a doctor will not list you as "clinically" pg until you reach at least or above 25 w/ an hcg level. Good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • GL! The blood test will say it all. I'd give them a call and ask if you can have blood drawn today, so you can repeat it later this week.  If positive, they repeat it in two to three days.

Me 33. DH 32. TTC Since 6/2011. 12/2012-m/c, CP. DH: MFI. CCT/HSG/day 3 blood work-all nl. IVF#1 ER- 8/7/12, ET- 8/10. beta 8/25 neg, I did not respond as expected. AMH: 0.88. IVF#2 BCP-10/19. Micro flare Lupron-Nov: It's a bust. IVF#3 Planned for Feb '13 with a long lupron protocol ON OUR OWN!!! BFP- 1/12/13. Yay! EDD 9/18, now EDD 9/25
  • My dr told me home pg tests are much more sensitive than the ones at the dr's office. She told me last time she was pg, her hcg levels were through the roof and the test at their office had the faintest line she's ever seen.
    BFP #1 11/27/11 EDD 08/08/12 M/C 01/27/12 12 wks 2 days
    BFP #2 04/25/12 EDD 01/04/13(?) confirmed ectopic 05/16/12 6 wks 5 days 2 doses of MTX-Lost left tube on 05/25/12 Back to TTC, earlier than originally expected.
    BFP #3 01/05/13 EDD 09/17/13 u/s 1/24/13-great appt, measuring 2 days ahead, NT scan 3/11/13-great scan measuring 4 days ahead, A/S 4/29/13-another great scan can't wait to meet my baby BOY!!!!!
    My Blog

My Sweet (and Spoiled) Furbaby Cali
    Photobucket
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    PgAL/PAL Welcome

• I am surprised they gave you a pee test and not a blood test. I would ask for a blood test. I would probably also take another HPT just to ease my own mind.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"