Toddlers: 24 Months+

is it stress?

my daughters(28 months) teacher today said she seemed stressed today- she said she had her hands in her mouth and she never has her hands in her mouth- I guess it was a long enough time that she decided to give her, her nummy (ie pacifer) then she was okay.  She said she was fine otherwise all day-

We are in the process- I have posted before- of moving and having a real go around with our buyer and our realtor- so I am wondering if she is sensing our stress?  My husband and I are not fighting so to speak just talking loud and yelling at our realtor at times- although she is playing when we are talking and discussing house stuff I am sure she can still hear us. 

We are spending lots of 1:1 time with her tonight but we are still in for a stressful ride with our current situation.  It breaks my heart if she is stressed out too!

Re: is it stress?

• imageSkye412:

It could be - my son has definitely had a few habits or self-soothing things pop up during stressful/transitional times (we built a house and moved twice, I was in the hospital....).

Does she have her last molars? That would be my other guess. 

he she has them! 

• Definitely.

I'd spend 1:1 time with her, but also talk to her about your stress.  Let her know that sometimes things are hard, and that sometimes things make people feel stressed and how that feels in your head and your body.  And talk to her about ways she (and you and your husband) can deal with stress prodcutively.

I'd also encourage you to be more aware of how YOU handle your stress and what you let significantly stress you out.  Because, hey, we can all pretty much always work on improving that. :)

IMG_8355
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"