2nd Trimester
Options

Tightness in My Stomach

Im ending my 13th week of pregnancy and am getting a tightness in my stomach.  Is this normal?

Re: Tightness in My Stomach

• Options
    on and off? It might be Braxton Hicks. 
    DD1 4.14.10
    DD2 8.22.13
    MMC 1.4.17 at 16w
    Expecting #3, EDD 1.29.18

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Yes. My best guess is that it feels like I've done 100 sit ups and now my stomach is sore.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    If you are having braxton hicks this early try drinking more water. I was getting them early on this time around and after I increased my water intake they went away. My last pregnancy they actually were causing dilation and effacement @ 34-35 weeks. Although it's not really harmful to have BH, but having them this early on is probably not a good thing.
  • Options
    I will increase my water intake.  Im pretty sure its not Braxton Hicks because it just feels sore mainly. Not an on and off feeling.  This just came after waking up today
  • Options

imagewatsona6:
    I will increase my water intake.  Im pretty sure its not Braxton Hicks because it just feels sore mainly. Not an on and off feeling.  This just came after waking up today

There is a difference between sore and tightening...not sure why you would ask about tightening if it is actually a sore feeling. Could be your stomach stretching, everything moves around to adjust to growing baby.

• Options
    Its a feeling of both actually.  It feels tight and sore. It could be rlp but I've never felt it like this.
  • Options

I had some wicked RLP around 13 weeks and it was a very different feeling from the BH I have been having lately.

The RLP felt like my ute was tender or sore. Like someone had kicked crap out of it and it was a bruised. Or like it had done some wicked workout and was sore. It was from the stretching and growing.

My BH is not a sore or painful feeling.  Just tightening.  I can feel my ute cramp up really tightly for a minute and slowly release.  (I drink a TON of water so I don't think increasing my water intake will help...) 

Anyway, I hope that helps!

Began TTC #1 in January 2011
    Confirmation and Removal of Endo - March 2012
    +#1 on 4/1/12 - m/c @ ~8w 5d
    +#2 Tx cycle 4 - 5 mg Letrozole + 75iu Follsitim & Ovidrel w/ IUI on 11/13/12 - EDD 7/23/13 
    7 week u/s revealed THREE babies, all with heartbeats.  153bpm, 148bpm, and 136bpm
    9 week u/s revealed loss of Baby B.  A and C are growing on track.  A measuring 9w1d with 172bpm and C measuring 9w0d with 179 bpm.  
    Elective sex determination u/s on 2/8 revealed... boy AND girl!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    You are more than likely stretching...I remember feeling this way at 12/13 weeks. If it's bad, then you need to call the doctor...but right now, you are a growing woman with a growing baby! It all happens really fast and is extremely uncomfortable!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options

imagedontgiveupnomatterwhat:
    You are more than likely stretching...I remember feeling this way at 12/13 weeks. If it's bad, then you need to call the doctor...but right now, you are a growing woman with a growing baby! It all happens really fast and is extremely uncomfortable!

Thank you so much

• Options
    I think I've had the same thing for a few weeks now.  It feels like your abs are really tight like they are after you do an intense ab workout, but more of a pulling, and in strange places.  I assumed (and hoped) it was just stretching.
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    Exactly what I feel snookums2013
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"