Nurseries and Baby Gear

Best swaddle?

What do you recommend as the best swaddler? How many do you need? TIA!
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Best swaddle?

• It is hard to know what your baby will like best. We use several and they all have different strengths.

There are the aden + anais swaddle blankets, the miracle blanket, and the swaddleme. There are more but those are the 3 we have stuck with.

The a+a ones are great for everything, not just swaddling. The miracle blanket is great for babies who break out of swaddles. I resisted it at first because it seemed mean but it works great. The swaddleme is fast and easy, and pretty cheap. HTH! 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Our hospital gave us a halo swaddle sack, it worked for DD we had 2 so there was always a clean one. I second the AA blankets as well, we don't swaddle anymore but these get used daily.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • miracle blanket. Maybe 3-5
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  •  

imageSweet Sadie Mae:
    miracle blanket. Maybe 3-5

This!  The Miracle blanket was a life saver for us.  Our very strong DD had an overactive startle reflex and would get out of everything other than the miracle blanket.   We survived with only 2, but I do think I would recommend getting at least 3-4.

Mom of one perfect toddler. Just found out #2 is on the way! Whoa! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • I HATED the miracle blanket. Too much fabric and a PITA in my opinion. Aden &Anais are great lightweight ones, you can use them as a quick cover for nursing too. DS uses his as lovies now. We prefered the Halo sleep sacks in the early no-sleep-for-anyone days. They are so much easier than the miracle blanket. We swaddled DS with his arms out and these worked great.

ETA:  you'll want at least 3, but the more the merrier IMO

One direction photo: One Direction gif onedirectiongifmacarenaey_zpsbdaf903f.gif
    DS born 3.12 
    DD born 7.14
  • We used A+A when she was a newborn, and now we use the magic sleep suit. That thing really is magical.
  • We used the A+A boutique blankets from about 0-3 mod (dd was on the small side though) then switched to the swaddlemes.  I had a halo sleep sack and didn't really like it.  There was too much fabric for me to deal with and dd always broke out of them.  After dd started rolling we transitioned to the A+A sleepsacks and are still using them. 

I'd say it depends on how often you want to do laundry.  I would have one for each night between washes.  3 minimum but 5ish was better for me. 

image image

BFP #2 7/18/11 - EDD 3/29/12 - Born 3/13/12
    BFP #1 4/4/11 - Natural M/C - 7w1d - 4/30/11
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Miracle blanket. Everything else pales in comparison (I adore my A&A blankets, but not for swaddling).

We only had 1, and got by fine, but I didn't have a super pukey baby.

photo image_zps90e45ea2.jpg
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I loved the woombie!! Just zip them up and you can even just unzip the bottom so you can do a diaper change. 

Both my kids broke out of every.single.swaddle but they loved the woombie.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We loved the Miracle Blanket. It was the only thing he couldn't break out of.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Love the miracle blanket for swaddling.  We have 2. 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFetus Ticker
  • Miracle blanket!
    Mom to J (10), L (4), and baby #3 arriving in July of 2015
  • I loved the aden and anais blankets and the miracle blanket.  We got by with one MB and four AA blankets, but it would have been nice to have one more MB.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"