Two Under 2

when did you all satrt trying??

We have been talking about when we will start trying for number two. which will be a little while since our son is only 7 weeks today. just curious as to when everyone else started trying.Big Smile
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: when did you all satrt trying??

• I didn't feel ready to start trying for #2 until after DS1's first birthday. It took us 3 months of charting/OPK's to conceive. They'll be about 22 months apart.

BFP 5/21/10, Missed m/c 7/5/10 at 11w3d (baby measured 7wks), D&C 7/7/10

Aug/Sept 2010 - CD3&10 b/w & u/s, genetic testing, SA, HSG, & Lap/Hyst to remove septum

12/09/10 BFP -- 7/05/11 DS born at 33w5d. Came home after 23d in NICU at 37w0d

June 2012 - TTC #2! -- 10/05/12 BFP --  5/23/13 DS2 born at 37w1d! Yay full term!

Surprise BFP 6/25/14 LO#3 due Feb2015!

imageimage
  • 14 months.  I wanted to nurse DD1 for a year and when AF never showed I had to wean at 13 months.  I m/c the first month and got pregnant the next.  The girls are 23 months apart.

I had the baby bug immediately after I had DD1.  But I want to keep working, have all my kids close in age, but not pay out the wazoo for 3+ in daycare at a time as much as I possibly can.  Two year spacing fits the bill for us.  If I stayed at home I'd like them closer in age.  DD2 is 5 months and I'm ready for another!

• Loading the player...
  • 9 months postpartum and 10 months postpartum.  We were lucky and conceived first try all 3 times.  If you want to nurse for a year wait at least until 9 months.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • We started talking about it at 4 months pp. My husband thought I was nuts but I've always wanted children close in age. I'm a SAHM so daycare costs are not a issue, cost was definitely our biggest concern. I'm not on my birth control now but we won't start really "trying" for a few months. If it happens now, awesome, if not, that's okay.
    Pregnancy Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We didn't try, but I conceived DD2 when DD1 was 1 year.
    photo a42489fa-98a3-436b-b31b-266d7d204e5d_zpsde5f201a.jpg
    my read shelf:
    Molly's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest
    Anniversary
  • We're trying right now (and we started this month), and I was 4 month pp. I'd like our children to be close in age, and no more than 2.5 years apart. I'd like them to be 18 months apart, but that would be in a perfect world. It took us 5 months to conceive DS, so I'm expecting it to take that long at least, since I'm still breastfeeding.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We wanted our kids close. We started trying when DD was 5 months old. We were lucky to conceive on the 1st try. They are 13.5 months apart (DS came 5 weeks early). 
  • We started "trying" when DD was 10 months. Although I had been getting my period for a few months, my OBGYN said that didn't necessarily mean I was ovulating. I had a lot of trouble conceiving our first over 2 years.....so she told me to used a OPK just to see if I was even ovulating.

I was, we did the deed, and DS was conceived immediately. Hubby and I were both shocked that it only took one try. And to be honest, I think DH was a little disappointed that we couldn't "try" longer!!! ;

Our little ones are 19 months apart, which I think is a great age difference.

FYI I was BF my daughter at the time too. I was able to continue until she was a year old.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • We stoped preventing about a week before DS turned 10 months old. We conceived DD the first month. 
    BFP #1 6/21/08 natural m/c 7/4/08 BFP #2 10/3/08 blighted ovum discovered 11/5/08 D&C 11/13/08 dx with hetero MTHFR 1/7/09 BFP #3 7/1/09 DS born 3/7/10 BFP #4 1/27/10 DD born 9/4/11 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We started trying at 3 or 4 months.  My age was a big factor, I had DS2 when I was 40.

Took 5-6 months of trying to get pregnant.

promised myself I'd retire when I turned gold, and yet here I am
  • Ds was 14m. It only took once. It took almost a trimester for me to feel more ready.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"