Babies: 6 - 9 Months

NBR: dental work (nervous)

If you have had work done on your front teeth please tell me it will be ok! I am getting a crown on each of my 2 front teeth and I am extremely nervous about it. I feel it will hurt a bit more than other teeth I have had work done on and I am afraid of what it will look like after. My dentist knows about my anxiety I just wish it was over. Ahh glad I got that out.
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers  

Re: NBR: dental work (nervous)

• I am a licensed dental assistant and have worked on many, many, many front teeth. I doubt it will hurt any more or less than any other dental work you've had done. If you feel anything, just ask for a bit more anesthetic. As far as how they will look, I would recommend going with full porcelain crowns vs. PFM (porcelain fused to metal). Full porcelain is much more natural looking, but not quite as durable. Also, ask your dentist if his/her lab will let you come in for a custom shade. Make sure your shade is taken in natural light and not indoor light. Of course, talk to your dentist about your concerns before proceeding; maybe they can give you something to help you relax. Best of luck!

• I just had two fillings done on my two front teeth. I survived, but my teeth are really sensitive now. I was nervous about the color, but they matched it to my teeth and you can't even tell!
    A12 Sig Challenge - Favorite Fall Show!
    SCANDAL!

• Loading the player...
  • imagejillyjill1026sr:

I am a licensed dental assistant and have worked on many, many, many front teeth. I doubt it will hurt any more or less than any other dental work you've had done. If you feel anything, just ask for a bit more anesthetic. As far as how they will look, I would recommend going with full porcelain crowns vs. PFM (porcelain fused to metal). Full porcelain is much more natural looking, but not quite as durable. Also, ask your dentist if his/her lab will let you come in for a custom shade. Make sure your shade is taken in natural light and not indoor light. Of course, talk to your dentist about your concerns before proceeding; maybe they can give you something to help you relax. Best of luck!

this.  I have been a registered Dental Assistant for several years.  PFM crowns are strong, but the porcelain crowns do look better for anterior teeth.  Not to mention that the labs do fantastic color matching.  You are going to be alright. :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"