May 2012 Moms
Options

newborn hospital hat

Hey ladies! I decided to ask this question here rather than on the June 2013 b/c we have already had our babies and have already been to the hospital. I saw these adorable hats on etsy, they are the typical newborn hat that they slap on as soon as they are born, but with a cute little bow on it! I was juuuuust about to order it, but then I got to thinking it seemed super easy to make. I just hate to spend $15 after shipping for a hat that I will get already except it has a bow on it, and it is the one that will probably get bloody/gunky before I put on the other cutesy newborn hat that I have purchased.

My question is this: Do you think I could go to the hospital beforehand and ask to take one home to make my own? OR: Do you know where I can get these hats?

Here is the hat I'm talking about: https://www.etsy.com/listing/124114929/first-bow-newborn-hospital-hat-2?ref=sr_gallery_6&ga_search_query=newborn+hospital+hat+bow&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_ship_to=US&ga_search_type=all 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

Re: newborn hospital hat

• Options
    Did you happen to save your son's hat? I forgot I saved it from ds1 and found it mixed in with his newborn clothes. It looks really easy to make. I wouldn't spend the money on it. You could always use a bow with a safety pin and pin it to it when you are in labor. Your H could probably even sew it on real quick. It would only take a minute. Velcro would probably work too.
  • Options

imagesarahe101:
    Did you happen to save your son's hat? I forgot I saved it from ds1 and found it mixed in with his newborn clothes. It looks really easy to make. I wouldn't spend the money on it. You could always use a bow with a safety pin and pin it to it when you are in labor. Your H could probably even sew it on real quick. It would only take a minute. Velcro would probably work too.

I was thinking about that, I was just excited to try it now, lol! No, I didn't save his hat, and as soon as we left I was kicking my self (actually, I cried, but we all understand that was an over reaction blamed by postpartum hormones!)

Worse come to worst, I will just bring a pre-made bow to attach! 

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Yeah, you could totally just bring a bow.  Very cute!

How are you doing with being a mama and being pregnant?  We hear a lot about the pregnancy, how is you DS doing?  Being a mom to a young LO is a lot in it's own, let alone being pregnant too!  How are you feeling?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagetjkdlhb:

Yeah, you could totally just bring a bow.  Very cute!

How are you doing with being a mama and being pregnant?  We hear a lot about the pregnancy, how is you DS doing?  Being a mom to a young LO is a lot in it's own, let alone being pregnant too!  How are you feeling?

Yes- I am new to the girl thing, but found a ton of adorable bows with clips and safety pins on the back, totally just bringing a premade safety pin bow, thanks ladies!

I am doing ok, pregnancy wise. I am not gonna lie, being pregnant, a teacher, and having a super active 4-9 month old during pregnancy is exhausting! I often wonder if that is why I had so many problems with my fluid. I honestly was not drinking enough water for a regular person much less a pregnant person. I had such an easy pregnancy with Hunter that I think I took it for granted how important it is to nurture the womb. Don't get me wrong, there is NO way that not enough fluids is what caused everything, but I know that it didn't help.  I updated my blog and talk more about what I have done to also help, and accepting more help with Hunter is a big one!

Hunter is doing amazing! Thank you for asking! He is my little hulk, just got his feet measured at Stride Rite today and he is 4 WIDE. I knew he had fat feet! He is working on walking (2 steps at a time independently!), he is awesome!! 

• Options
    imagetorimales:

I have 2 of these exact ones. This is what our hospital gave out for free. So if you want one for free, I could mail you one.

Photobucket
  • Options

I work on the Labor and Delivery floor.  Those hats come to us as a huge roll of strechy stuff and we just cut them off and make them into a hat.  I'm sure you could go to the hospital and ask them if they have some of the material you could have/buy because it comes in huge rolls.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"