February 2012 Moms
Options

Normal sleep deprivation, or is this bad?

I just spent 5 minutes asking a client the same question over and over, and getting so frustrated that they couldn't answer. I then realized that the question made no sense. I was asking when their phone number ends.

I need to focus really hard to make sense today. I feel like my speech is just all meddled up, and now it's super slow because I need to focus so hard. Does that make sense?

I got 3 hours sleep sunday night, and 1 hour last night. Baby has gotten his first 5 teeth this month, and things just are not running smoothly.

Re: Normal sleep deprivation, or is this bad?

• Options
    imageAshleyAnthony2B:

I just spent 5 minutes asking a client the same question over and over, and getting so frustrated that they couldn't answer. I then realized that the question made no sense. I was asking when their phone number ends.

I need to focus really hard to make sense today. I feel like my speech is just all meddled up, and now it's super slow because I need to focus so hard. Does that make sense?

I got 3 hours sleep sunday night, and 1 hour last night. Baby has gotten his first 5 teeth this month, and things just are not running smoothly.

SDo un-smoothly that I forgot to finish this post.

Is this normal? Does anybody else get like this when they're exhausted? I'm thinking of booking in with my family doc for a full check up because I honestly just feel like I'm completely loosing it. Some reassurance that I'm not a complete nutter would be fantastic lol

• Options
    imageStarbuck128:

That sounds really rough. Tonight, as soon as he gets to sleep, you need to get some sleep. I realize he may be waking all the time, but you have to squeeze in every minute of sleep you can. That takes priority over everything else.

Have you been giving him baby ibuprofen? When teething is really bad, it doesn't seem to do anything, but it's supposed to help, right? Maybe it does.

I hope this passes soon. One day, out of the blue, everything will be back to normal. I promise.

I'm holding you to that Stick out tongue I need normal, asap.

I've tried ibuprofen and acetemeta... lord I can't even spell. You get. I've tried them. They don't seem to do much. I've also tried Camilia drops (herbal remedy) to very little avail. I was thinking of taking him in to see a dr. I'm at a complete loss and starting to worry I may be overlooking something like an ear infection.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageStarbuck128:
    imageAshleyAnthony2B:

SDo un-smoothly that I forgot to finish this post.

Is this normal? Does anybody else get like this when they're exhausted? I'm thinking of booking in with my family doc for a full check up because I honestly just feel like I'm completely loosing it. Some reassurance that I'm not a complete nutter would be fantastic lol

It sounds like someone who has had 4 hours of sleep over the last 2 days. Could you take off work and spend the afternoon napping? 3 hours in a row will do wonders for you. Driving is probably getting really dangerous for you at this point. You need some sleep.

I'm very lucky I carpool, and can ask my coworker to drive when I am having to rough of a time. I have a feeling I'll be asking her to drive home tonight, because I just don't feel safe at this point. I wish I could take an afternoon off. Have already taken my sick days this year, as I got hit by a really bad flu right after new years.

• Options
    imageStarbuck128:
    imageAshleyAnthony2B:
    imageStarbuck128:

That sounds really rough. Tonight, as soon as he gets to sleep, you need to get some sleep. I realize he may be waking all the time, but you have to squeeze in every minute of sleep you can. That takes priority over everything else.

Have you been giving him baby ibuprofen? When teething is really bad, it doesn't seem to do anything, but it's supposed to help, right? Maybe it does.

I hope this passes soon. One day, out of the blue, everything will be back to normal. I promise.

I'm holding you to that Stick out tongue I need normal, asap.

I've tried ibuprofen and acetemeta... lord I can't even spell. You get. I've tried them. They don't seem to do much. I've also tried Camilia drops (herbal remedy) to very little avail. I was thinking of taking him in to see a dr. I'm at a complete loss and starting to worry I may be overlooking something like an ear infection.

His sleeping should return to normal within a week of the last tooth popping through. The problem is, how do you know when he's done teething? On Cody, I can tell a new tooth is coming by the swollen gums on the bottom, but the gums don't swell for him on the top of his mouth. Those teeth just show up out of no where!

If it has been a week since the last tooth showed up and it doesn't look like anymore may be coming in, take him to the doctor. Some teeth take a long time though. Cody had 3 teeth pop in in 2 weeks and it was hardly anything for him, but that 4th tooth was hell, like what you are going through, for 6 weeks.

That is comforting and terrifying. I can feel at least 3 more that seem to be surfacing. There is 1, aside from those three, where just the tiniest bit of white has emerged. Everyone always told me that because he got his first tooth so late, he would get them all at once. I scoffed at them. I'm paying dearly. Lord.

• Options

Before I switched to my new shift, I was working 5:00 pm-3:00 am. I'd get to sleep around 4:00 and I'd have to be up with Nolan by 6:30 because my husband would already be at work. I'd spend the day taking care of him, then go back to work the next evening and start all over. I did this 4 days a week for 6 months. There were days that I literally couldn't get words out of my mouth because I was too tired to even open it. I would just sit and cry.

That said, it might not hurt to go get a check up. There are so many things that can cause strange problems like that and the exhaustion could just be making it worse. I highly doubt there is anything wrong, but if it were me I'd go just for peace of mind. Feel better and try to get some rest!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageSY Smiles:

Before I switched to my new shift, I was working 5:00 pm-3:00 am. I'd get to sleep around 4:00 and I'd have to be up with Nolan by 6:30 because my husband would already be at work. I'd spend the day taking care of him, then go back to work the next evening and start all over. I did this 4 days a week for 6 months. There were days that I literally couldn't get words out of my mouth because I was too tired to even open it. I would just sit and cry.

That said, it might not hurt to go get a check up. There are so many things that can cause strange problems like that and the exhaustion could just be making it worse. I highly doubt there is anything wrong, but if it were me I'd go just for peace of mind. Feel better and try to get some rest!

Oh man. That sound horrific. Glad that you got on a better shift!

I think I may book in to see my doc. It does never hurt. I'm at the point where even on the odd night I get a "good night's sleep" (6+ hours!!!), I'm still a mess the next day, just super exhausted. I wouldn't have thought much of it, but then I used WEBMD's symptom checker, which gave me "intoxicated" and "stroke" as possible conditions. That thing should be illegal.

• Options
    I have been there.  DD has had so many ear infections and she sleeps like crap when she has one.  She would have at least 1 a month.  For about 5 days she would not sleep more than 2 hours at a time before waking up and crying for 30 min-1 hour.  I was going on 3-4 hours of broken sleep a night.  I would make huge mistakes at work.  Get lost driving home.  Fall sleep at work, stop lights, on the toilet.  It was ridiculous.  I just couldn't function.  I finally had to leave work everyday about 3 hours early and go home and get about a 2 hour nap in before going to get DD.  This was almost every month.  I had no sick time, no PTO, nothing but I couldn't function.  I'm so sorry you are going through this.  My life was such a blur.  My paychecks suffered but I didn't care because it was either that or mine and DD's safety.  Hopefully the teeth pop through soon but you might also want to take him to the ped because ear infections can come with teething, especially when they get that many at the same time.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"