December 2012 Moms
Options

Mini pill

I got a prescription filled for the mini pill and was wondering if anyone is taking it and have any side effects like weight gain, milk drying up etc etc...

Thanks!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Mini pill

• Options
    I've been on it 3 wks..maybe a little more emotional but thats it.I have still continued to lose weight. I just set my alarm on my phone so I take it at the EXACT same time everyday!
  • Options
    Been on it for six weeks almost. Only bad side affect so far is acne.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I was on the mini pill once. My side effect was the surprise of my 2 year old!

Oh, and no periods.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    thank you! i'm still trying to figure out if i want to be on it everyday plus using condoms
  • Options
    Just started mine a week ago & so far the only changes I've noticed is increased oily skin (may have been caused by not being able to shower for a week - yuck!) and increased milk supply/sore boobs may be caused by trying to adjust pumping schedule to allow for more sleep-time). 
    image image image
  • Options
    About a week after I started to take it I had some bleeding. I was scared my period started but it stopped the next day. It happened a few days later too but nothing since. Some googling told me this could be common with the mini pill. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm probably the exception here, but I am very sensitive to hormonal meds. I had been on bcp for so many years before trying for ds and when I got off, it was like a new world--sex drive back, less emotional, and also it totally messed with my cycles which never came back without meds. So I was wary of going back on pills, but we SO don't want any more kiddos, so I gave the mini pill a shot. Within a few days I had noticeable mood changes, no sex drive, and put on 4lbs that I had been fighting hard to lose (likely water weight). So I stopped it and we will reevaluate (really want dh to go for the big V). But I think I'm not in the norm on this one.
    imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"