May 2012 Moms
Options

This makes my skin CRAWL!

Hi! I'm Jamie, I have Harley who will be 9 months tomorrow. He's my precious little handful. He's scooting, crawling, and trying to pull himself up on the couch. He has 4 top teeth, and two bottom teeth with two more trying to come in. He eats foods and drinks from a cup, except for his early morning feeding and his night night feeding. He sleeps all night too, then gets up with daddy before he goes to work, eats, then goes back to sleep. He's a mess.

My dilemma is that now that he realizes that he has teeth, he grinds them. Oh my, it makes my skin crawl. I just look at him cause I don't know what else to do. :

Any advice on how to get him to quit this?

Re: This makes my skin CRAWL!

• Options
    No advice but my lo does this too.  I screamed the first time I heard it.  Its not a soft grinding.  It sounds like he is going to break a tooth!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I know. I'm afraid he is going to grind his teeth out of his mouth. he, he

We have his 9 month checkup on Wednesday. I'll ask her what she recommends, if anything.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My dd also does this and it kills me! I asked my dentist about it and he said it is just a phase that babies go through when they realize they have teeth. He said it's nothing to worry about and to just give them a teething ring or something to chew when you notice them doing it. So far it has worked for my dd and she hasn't been doing it as much. Good luck! 
  • Options
    My 8 year still grinds his teeth in his sleep sometimes not as bad as when he was younger. The dentist said when they're young there's nothing they can do.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Untitled
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"