VBAC
Options

Child birth classes

Hi ladies,

I was wondering if any of you had taken/are going to take child birth classes in preparation for your VBAC? My husband and I were thinking of taking Bradley Classes but I'm just curious what others are doing as well.

Thanks!!

Re: Child birth classes

• Options

I didn't.  I am glad I didn't either. My nurse showed me how to breath through the contractions. And they allowed me to push when I needed, instead of coached pushing.  I am not saying  classes aren't helped, especially for pain management techniques.... I just didn't have time for them, so I am glad I didn't use time I really couldn't spare to take them. 

• Options

I didn't take any childbirth classes, but I did take a VBAC prep class through a local yoga/birth education studio here.  It was very helpful.  Not as much about dealing with childbirth as much as preparing to advocate for yourself and giving you some tools to help with finding a hospital, what to look for in a MW/OB, etc.

Mama to Elliot (11.09.08) and Jude (09.01.11)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Did you take one for your first child? I highly recommend taking something once, and we did take Bradley for my first pregnancy. To prepare for my VBAC, we opted to take a one-day "VBAC Your Way" class that my doula teaches. It was excellent, encouraging, and a good refresher. I'm glad we did it! I also perused through parts of my bradley book, and especially read up on positions in labor and techiniques if I had ended up having a posterior labor. I didn't, thankfully, thanks to some of those techniques!

If you have not educated yourself on the natural course of natural childbirth, I highly recommend you do something to learn, be it a class or a book.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"