November 2011 Moms

GTKY: Does your LO have a nickname?

I had a nickname in mind for my daughter when she was born... and I now call her something that has nothing to do with her name at all, she is "Bubs" - sometimes I'm amazed that she's ended up with that nickname!

Anyone else call their baby something completely unexpected?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: GTKY: Does your LO have a nickname?

• DD's full name is Elowyn and we usually call her Ellie. Other nicknames: Ellie-bells, Els, Kiddo, and Sweetie.
                                    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • She has many because nicknames our my family's thing :)

We call her Ror, Rors, Pooty and Munchkin.

My family calls her Rorri-Coaster because my uncle had a hard time saying rorri alone so he came up with this! I love it.  

• Loading the player...
  • Since day 1 my mom said Manuel is an old man's name so we all call him Manny.

My dad calls him "pimpo"

My husband calls "mugres" which means dirty. (even more if he misses one bath)

Lastly even though his name is Manny so many people call him "Little Vicente" because he looks so much like my husband

11.2011 - DS1

02.2013 - loss at 6 wks

06.2014 - DS2

10.2015 - loss at 12 wks

03.2017 - DD

• Buckets

The Munch

Rosie Posie
    Munchkin born 11/22/11
    Pipsqueak born 6/9/14

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • DD1 - Ellie Boo, Ellie Belly, Els-Bels

DD2 - Mimi and Moo Moo

photo a42489fa-98a3-436b-b31b-266d7d204e5d_zpsde5f201a.jpg
    my read shelf:
    Molly's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest
    Anniversary
  • Since Liliana has red hair she has acquired a couple of nicknames from other people about that (most of which I dislike and discourage).  My husband calls her Ginger Snap.  I often call her Little Bug.  Otherwise her only nickname that makes sense is Lily.

DS got the weirder nickname of my kids.  His name is Ishmael but we call him Ferkel which is the German word for piglet.  He used to snort as a baby so we called him piglet and a German friend of ours told us about the word Ferkel.  It stuck.

BFP #1 10/13/09 EDD 06/20/10 DS Born on 06/26/10
    BFP #2 03/08/11 EDD 11/16/11 DD Born on 11/04/11
    BFP #3 08/29/12 EDD 05/06/13 M/C on 08/30/12
    BFP #4 11/01/12 EDD 07/09/2013 M/C on 12/28/12
    BFP #5 04/30/13 EDD 01/03/14 DS Born on 01/02/14
    BFP #6 01/11/15 EDD 09/22/15 M/C 03/09/15
  • DD is Leah and I call her Leah-beeah, Sweets, and Peanut or Baby Peanut. 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Boogie and I have no idea why. She is called Boogie so frequently that she is going to think that is her actual name lol. Also, we sometimes incorporate the nickname chunks, and chunky monkey. Again, no idea why.
  • DS1 - Sean-Sean, little man, buddy, and stink butt (especially after he has pooped)

I am still trying to come up with a nickname for DS2, but I can't think of one for him.  His name is Collin

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • My daughter has several nicknames.  We call here Leof (Old English word for love), mina Leoba (my love), monkey, little mama (when she gets bossy), stinky poo poos, and the volunteers where I work call her Rosie because they cannot pronounce her name and her middle name is Rose.
  • I use his 1st and middle name alot. We call him 'stinky butt' so much that he probably thinks it is his name.

Baby Boy #2 is on the way!

BabyFetus Ticker
  • DS's name is Bentley, and daycare calls him Benny, which I don't really care for, especially since he has a cousin Ben.  When DH and I text about him we call him "B" all the time, and I also call him munchkin and bud.
  • DD has many nicknames: Peanut, Princess, Monkey, Bug, Taylor Tot, Love Bug, Peanut princess, Monkey princess. 

We rarely call her by her real name unless we are talking about her to someone else it feels weird to me. But I also rarely call FI by his name either so I guess I am just weird.

• Baby bug

~Working Mom~Breastfeeding Mom~Cloth Diapering Mom~BLW Mom~

Blog - No Longer on the DL ~ The Man Cave
    Shawn and Larissa
    LO #1 - Took 2 years and 2 IVFs ~ DX - severe MFI mild PCOS homozygous MTHFR (a1298c)
    LO #2 - TTC 7 months, surprise spontaneous BFP!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Our daughter's name is Virginia Rose.  We knew we wanted a nickname, and finally decided on Gigi.  We call her Gigi, Monkey, Bean, Gigi Bean and Beanie.  Our family calls her Ginna.  
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    December Siggy Challenge:

A Charlie Brown Christmas
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"