Food Allergy
Options

Allergy symptoms or something else?

DD2 is 8 months old and was EBF until we started solids at about six months.  She has very sensitive skin, so she can develop a diaper rash (and other rashes) pretty quickly.  Since she was little, (like she is so big now!) her poos have been weird...rarely the typical mustard yellow breast milk poop.  They have gone from yellow to greenish to brown and back to yellow since she was born.  They usually tended toward greenish brown.  Someone suggested that it could be a fore/hindmilk imbalance, and since I had an oversupply and didn't notice anything else to be concerned with, I went with that...

However, a few days ago, DD became really clingy and fussy, possibly feverish, and developed a rash all over her entire body.  It is very faint, and if she wasn't so pasty pale (like me) I probably wouldn't have noticed it.  I'm trying to decide if these symptoms are an illness, teething, or some sort of allergy.  I've been trying to figure out what typical allergy/intolerance symptoms are, but I haven't been able to find a good, comprehensive list...

If anyone has any thoughts, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks.

Re: Allergy symptoms or something else?

• Options

Thanks so much for that link. We haven't had many issues with breastfeeding, so I totally forgot about Kellymom as a resource.  It was great to finally see a list of symptoms and realize that DD only has one of the symptoms (on a regular basis.) 

Thanks again.

• Options
    Viruses can have rashes that look like hives, especially in little kids.  Not saying it isn't an allergy, but worth checking with your pedi or allergist.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"