Food Allergy

Recommend your baby's cereal

My daughter is allergic to both dairy and soy (not sure if it's MSPI or something else, we see the allergist again on Thursday).  Ever since I gave up dairy I'm having trouble producing enough breastmilk to send to daycare.  Her teachers suggested we send in baby cereal to help supplement until my production is back to normal.  (we already send in a pouch of baby food).  Unfortunately, the Gerber brand of rice cereal and oatmeal both have soy products.  Can anyone recommend a brand of baby cereal to try? I'll probably swing by whole foods later and check out what they have, but I figured it was worth seeing if someone else had gone through this already.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Recommend your baby's cereal

• I think your LO is still too young for cereal...but that wasn't your question:)

Happy Baby Happy Bellies cereal is awsome. Dairy free, soy free with added probiotics.My LO with multiple food allergies did really well on these.They have rice, oatmeal and multi grain varieties. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • DS has a soy allergy and DD has a dairy allergy (twins)...we used Beechnut Homestyle Oatmeal cereal. We also used Happy Baby on occasion.

We did start DS on it early, in his bottles and at the doctor's recommendation, because of his reflux.

imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • My ticker is backwards - she's not 3 months, it's 3 months until her first birthday.  She turned 8 months last week :)

• Ditto the Happy Bellies. Most of the other brands have dairy.
    imageimage
  • Thanks so much for your responses ladies!  We've been using the Happy Bellies rice cereal for 2 weeks and it's going well.  We're going to introduce the oatmeal this weekend.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"