Babies on the Brain
Options

Intro: Know your audience, and your body..

Introduction. 

I am Melissa, 29 years old.  

Until tonight, the last time I really posted in any message board with the hope of starting a conversation, I was probably 13 years old and posting on AOL.  I know some of the lingo because I use Google as a major resource for getting information and tend to lurk on boards when I want answers (this "information is always at your finger tips" approach to life has its pros and cons). I got sort of "flamed" on the Nest (that might be an exaggeration, I just may have miffed a few people) by not knowing the proper etiquette for introducing myself when posting in these types of forums, and not presenting myself in the right way to the right audience of people.  

I was posting about TTC and feeling pregnant/experiencing late period but getting a negative test.  I was told that my post may not be well received in that particular forum because a lot of those women had been TTC for many months/years and I've only been trying for 3 months.  So I guess it's important to know your audience.  It was recommended that I come to the Bump and talk to some parents and now I am apprehensive to post this in the "Getting Pregnant" forum here out of concern that I may annoy even more people who have been trying to conceive with no success for longer than myself...

However, I am seeking the constructive feedback of my peers, so I landed here, because clearly I have babies on the brain, just maybe for a different reason.  I'm wondering if I could be pregnant.

My husband and I have been married one year in May.  Together 6 years, married in a beautiful ceremony at the Florida Aquarium.  TTC time=3 months.

I am experience some symptoms that are really unusual for me, and am now projected to be 10 days late.  I have taken multiple pregnancy tests, and all negative.  My AF is never this delayed, nor do I typically experience the kinds of symptoms to account for my current ailments (nausea, indigestion, occasional vomiting, sensitivity to smell, headaches, dizziness, hot flashes, fatigue) at the time of AF.  But Negative test.  No signs of AF in the imminent future... The brain keeps asking, 'What does this all mean?'

I was getting ready to call my doctor immediately for fear that I could be experiencing ectopic pregnancy or some other terrible ailment, but the ladies in the last forum helped me slow my roll by telling me to wait until 60 days late with no AF and no positive pregnancy test before I start freaking out, right before they decided to run me out of town for being a non-ovulation tracking idiot who has only been trying for 3 months and has imaginary pregnancy "symptoms" (as so many referred to it as).  

I know all pregnancies are different, but I've been pregnant once before about 11 years ago, although I do not have any children today.  The ailments I had at that time, even at 18 years old, I just knew I was pregnant super early on, because I felt really in tune with what my body was telling me... I haven't experienced anything like that over the past decade, until this past week or so.  So, I am trying to figure out what riddle my body is trying to get me to solve, and I keep thinking I must be pregnant and getting frustrated with the testing.  

It's been suggested that I could have ovulated late (since i am not tracking and most people don't have a perfect 14 day ovulation period) and I may or may not be pregnant, but it is too early to tell.  The alternative is that something is clearly wrong with me or I am just getting sick and have a delayed period.  

To the moms our there with 'babies on the brain', have any of you experienced anything similar?  How did it turn out?

*%*~Ciao~*%* MelissaSuze EDI:

Re: Intro: Know your audience, and your body..

• Options

Most likely you either ovulated late, or not at all.  Test once a week until you get a positive, your period, or hit 60 days with no period.  If you hit 60 days call your doc, who can give you meds to start a new cycle.  

A random wacky cycle is not uncommon and nothing to worry about.

imageimageimageimageimage

TTC #1 since August 2011

My Blog

September 2012: Start IF testing

DH (32): SA is ok, slightly low morph, normal SCSA  Me (32): Slightly low progesterone, hostile CM, carrier for CF, Moderately high NKC, High TNFa, heterozyogous mutated Factor XIII, and +APA

October 2012-May 2014: 4 failed IUIs, 3 failed IVFs, and 1 failed FETw/donor embryos

November 2014: IVF w/ICSI #4 Agonist/Antagonist with EPP and Prednisone, Baby Aspirin, Lovenox, and IVIG for immune issues.  Converted to freeze all due to lining issues.  2 blasts frozen on day 6!

January 2015: FET #2 Cancelled due to lining issues

April 2015: FET #2.1

PAIF/SAIF Welcome!

• Options
    Thanks, Twinkie.  That's exactly what I will do!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageTwinkie0612:

Most likely you either ovulated late, or not at all.  Test once a week until you get a positive, your period, or hit 60 days with no period.  If you hit 60 days call your doc, who can give you meds to start a new cycle.  

A random wacky cycle is not uncommon and nothing to worry about.

I agree. If you have legit symptoms you would be getting positive test. We can not tell you if you are pregnant or not. Continue testing, but I am willing to bet you are not pregnant. 

TTC#1 Since April 2011 
    BFP#1 5.23.12 C/P 4w4d 
    BFP #2 10.1.13
    EDD June 10, 2014
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    imageTwinkie0612:
    Most likely you either ovulated late, or not at all. nbsp;Test once a week until you get a positive, your period, or hit 60 days with no period. nbsp;If you hit 60 days call your doc, who can give you meds to start a new cycle. nbsp;A random wacky cycle is not uncommon and nothing to worry about.

All of this. I'm curious why you thought ectopic when you have no positive tests, bleeding, localized pain, or really any sign of an ectopic at all.

ETA: nobody flamed you on the nest. Nothing even close to flaming is in your thread there. They didn't run you out, they suggested success boards over here if you are looking for people who have already been pregnant.

https://community.thenest.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/72250110.aspx?MsdVisit=1
  • Options

Here's the thing: no matter where you post, no one can really answer your question. Even if a hundred moms say, "that's exactly what happened to me, and it turned out that I was pregnant!" it doesn't really shed any light on your situation, because it happened to THEM, not you. The night before I found out I was pregnant with my son, I was 100% sure that my period was going to start the next day. My first pregnancy symptom was cramps that felt exactly like menstrual cramps. I fell asleep with a heating pad and a bottle of ibuprofen next to my bed. And I was temping to confirm ovulation, using OPKs, tracking my cervical mucus and timing sex during my fertile period. In other words, I really knew my body, and I still had no clue I was pregnant. So this idea that just "knowing your body" can take the place of needing a pregnancy test is unfortunately just not true.

Your suggestion that "something is clearly wrong" with you if what you're experiencing is not pregnancy is probably overdramatic. Looking back at my charts before I got pregnant, there were several months where I experienced nausea before my period came. Progesterone can cause nausea and vomiting (and some of the other symptoms you listed), and it's naturally higher at the end of your cycle, regardless of of whether or not you're pregnant. Who knows, maybe you will end up being pregnant this cycle, or maybe you won't. But (as hard as I know this is), you need to maybe calm down a little. When you are trying to get pregnant, you will notice every little thing about your body. And unfortunately, those things you notice will often just be confusing rather than helpful.

If your period comes and you're not pregnant, I would definitely recommend that you sign up for Fertility Friend. Take your temperature to confirm ovulation and chart your CM. Once you know when you ovulated and how long your luteal phase is, you will know when your period is actually due, and you won't be left wondering why it's not coming.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageMysterious_wife:
    You still don't know your audience

and way tmi about other nonsense. 

• Options

Apparently you have learned nothing since you haven't learned that you CAN have late cycles w/o being pregnant and that posts this long are uncalled for.

You are not a special snowflake. Get over it.

Six years of infertility and loss, four IUIs, one IVF and one very awesome little boy born via med-free birth 10.24.13.
  • Options

DebateThis,

I have learned a lot, actually.  I have learned that some people are simply rude, no matter what you say, and others find it easy to be nastier to strangers online then I have ever been to anyone in my 29 years.  I learned, long ago, to be a decent and empathetic person, whether I am speaking to someone face to face or through a glowing screen.  I learned that being an open book is the best policy in life, but perhaps not online.  I have learned now, after the backlash of responses to my posts, not to share any original postings on pregnancy forums, and when I have questions to suck it up until I talk to my doctor.  I have also learned that people who may be having some hard times themselves, can be eager to make other people feel bad, and to appreciate those who know the value of constructive criticism.  

While I am still learning the forum etiquette, I have real world manners in drones and I would be happy to share that with you if you are interested in learning today too.  Is that succinct enough?

• Options
    imageMelissaSuze:

DebateThis,

I have learned a lot, actually.  I have learned that some people are simply rude, no matter what you say, and others find it easy to be nastier to strangers online then I have ever been to anyone in my 29 years.  I learned, long ago, to be a decent and empathetic person, whether I am speaking to someone face to face or through a glowing screen.  I learned that being an open book is the best policy in life, but perhaps not online.  I have learned now, after the backlash of responses to my posts, not to share any original postings on pregnancy forums, and when I have questions to suck it up until I talk to my doctor.  I have also learned that people who may be having some hard times themselves, can be eager to make other people feel bad, and to appreciate those who know the value of constructive criticism.  

While I am still learning the forum etiquette, I have real world manners in drones and I would be happy to share that with you if you are interested in learning today too.  Is that succinct enough?

Clearly you don't if you walk into multiple groups of strangers and prattle on for paragraphs and paragraphs.

And PSA: Web forum etiquette and "real world" etiquette are two different things.

Lurk and learn. Put on some big girl panties, and learn to ask your questions ONCE (not on ten different boards) and not in a post that's better suited for a personal blog. 

Six years of infertility and loss, four IUIs, one IVF and one very awesome little boy born via med-free birth 10.24.13.
  • Options
    Who do you aim your drones at?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Also? Deleting your other post was dumb. As Mrs Slick said, no one flamed you. You really need a thicker skin.
  • Options

IF I was able to, I would delete my entire profile from the Nest, the Bump and the Knot and just go about my business the way I did prior to testing the waters on forums.  I liked these sites a lot better when I used them for suggestions on how to DIY decorative wall art.  

I think I have enough information to base my decision on whether or not these places are for me.  I am not looking for for a network of online friends, I have IRL friends for that, just a place to turn to for answers.  After getting all worked up about life stressors last night, I am going on about 1 hour of sleep and getting involved in online banter is distracting me from what I am actually supposed to be doing today.  So this will be the last post from me, on any of the message boards.  I just wanted to let you know that I think you are a rude woman, but you are right - I shouldn't have let it get to me.

Thanks.

• Options

You asked questions, and apparently didn't get the answer you wanted, so you asked the same question yet again.  

Apparently you have issues with honesty, not message boards

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

gbcn

p.s. - your posts are too long. 

• Options

It can be very frustrating to want something so much and be unsure about when or if it might arrive.  I understand about looking for answers anywhere you can find them, but unfortunately time holds your answers, not any of us. 

I would second the post that says to pick up a copy of Taking Control of Your Fertility. It will teach you so much about your body, empower you to understand what's going on while TTC, and hopefully make conception easier for you.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"