Multiples
Options

RnP to Crib Transition Question

We are about to transition the boys into their crib next week. I did a test run with one of them one night and it went well, so I have high hopes. They're pretty easy to put down, so I think we might get lucky (knock on wood!).

My one question is what should I expect as far as duration of sleep after the transition. Recently, the boys started doing around 10-11 hours (they were doing 8-9 a week ago), and I'd love to keep that up. Did you see a reduction in duration after your transition? Thanks!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Lost our first little peanut on 1/17/2012 at 9 weeks and 5 days. We miss you little blessing, but we know you were too perfect for this world.
My multiples/parenting/pregnancy/miscarriage blog

Re: RnP to Crib Transition Question

• Options
    No change. But we did not transition until 6 months (not from RnP but from bouncer/swing). Ours slept maybe 5-6 hours max at that time.
    Three losses in 2009; Boy/Girl twins born in 2010 image
  • Options
    Ours went from their bouncy seats to the crib at 8 weeks, separated them into their own cribs and un-swaddled at 11 weeks.  They went from sleeping like 9-3, to 8-6 within 3 days!  They might do better then you think, good luck!! :)
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    All I read was 10 hours of glorious sleep!

Seriously, with my older kids, we started napping in the crib, which went reasonably well, and then went to bedtime. It was actually pretty painless. Good luck!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    No problems here either we did it around 34 months. My daughter does all naps there too but my son still naps in the swing soon it will end.
  • Options

We went from RnPs to PnPs at 2 mos. We just moved them into their room (nearly 5 mos.). They started STTN (7:30 pm- 6 am) two weeks ago. Baby A has adjusted without a single issue. Baby B has been waking up at five to comfort nurse before settling back down and sleeping until 7 or his brother wakes him up.

I think the biggest thing is to determine the back up plan. It is important to discuss when/ will you move them back into your room for the evening? 

TTC in 2009, Dx: Unexplained IF
    Three TI cycles (BFP...miscarriage), five IUI attempts and 2.5 IVF cycles later...BFP!!
    12dp5dt: 765; 15dp5dt: 1979; 17dp5dt: 3379...TWINS!!!!!
    Our perfect baby boys were born at 36w1d!! 

• Options
    They slept the same, but they regressed around 4 months. Nothing to do with the cribs, though. 
    my blog

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Boy/girl twins born at 37w1d and 37w2d

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"