International Bumpies

Flying internationally

What is the youngest a baby can fly internationally?

We are thinking of visiting home when the baby is 3 months old. Is this too little?!

My husband can take  the time off then and the airfares are great! I am concerned about babies health. It is a 22-24 hour flight.  

Re: Flying internationally

• It is not too little, we flew between the UK and US when our son was 3 months. You do know that you have to pay a percentage for a lap child internationally right? It is usually 10% plus taxes.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thanks. Yes the fees I am aware of. I'm just unsure about vaccinations and flying. I want to keep the little guy healthy. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Just flew from Europe to the US with 5 week old twins.  They did great and slept the whole time.  
  • We flew at 3 months, just wanted to go after the first vaccinations and it was fine : there's no real restriction on age though, as long as you have the baby's passport
  • Thanks, ladies!
  • imageGalLaura:
    Thanks, ladies!
    ygpm :
  • I'd much rather fly with a 3 month old than a toddler!! As others have said - he'll likely sleep most of the time.

BFP1: DD1 born April 2011 at 34w1d via unplanned c/s due to HELLP, DVT 1 week PP
    BFP2: 3/18/12, blighted ovum, natural m/c @ 7w4d
    BFP3: DD2 born Feb 2013 at 38w4d via unplanned RCS due to uterine dehiscence

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"