Attachment Parenting

Question about nap time for co-sleepers. Help!

We have co-slept with DS in our bed since birth. We love it,but now he only sleeps with me. So that means during the day,I have to hold him while he naps and I can't get anything done. I try to put him in our carrier,but he just wakes up and gets mad that he isn't on the floor playing with his toys. I want to teach him to sleep in his packnplay next to our bed for naps and eventually for bed time. But every time I put him in his packnplay,he wakes up! I make sure he is in a clean diaper and comfortable,I feed him,snuggle him to sleep and wait until he is in a deep sleep and he still wakes up every time I lay him down! And he won't let me snuggle him back to sleep because then he thinks it's time to play. I have no idea how to teach him to sleep in his packnplay without making him CIO.

How do you co-sleepers get your kids to nap without you? I'm so frustrated. Right now,he is laying in his packnplay talking to himself when he needs to be napping.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Question about nap time for co-sleepers. Help!

• My DD1 was like this.  I joked that it took five minutes to nurse her to sleep, five minutes to get her nipple out of her mouth, five minutes to stand up, five minutes to walk to her crib, five minutes to lay her in the crib, five minutes to get my arms out from under her, five minutes to walk silently away from the crib and then she woke up five minutes later. 

After weeks of doing that twice a day, and finally getting about fifteen minutes of sleep out of her after the transfer, I put my bed mattress on the floor and would nurse her to sleep in our bed.  I stayed close, so when she started to wake up, I would quick nurse her back to sleep before she was fully awake.  After a few weeks, she was sleeping longer and longer periods, until she was being nursed to sleep and then napping for about three hours.  That was how she napped until she quit nursing and napping.

• I am trying to work on this too.

I just consider her nap time my break time and I watch TV while she naps in my arms.

The only other thing that works are motion naps.  She wall fall asleep when I am out walking with her or in the car. 

• Loading the player...
  • Our solution to this was to buy a video monitor and bed rails and let her sleep in our bed at nap time. This was a life changer for us.
    tinaraye
    Ruby Mirabelle born July 9 at 10:56pm!
    Photobucket
    Married 05/30/09 & TTC ever since Clomid only for 5 cycles IUI #1: 06/07/10 BFN IUI#2: 08/19/10 BFN IVF #1 started 10/07/10, ER 10/17/10 6 retrieved/6 fertilized, ET on day 5 10/22/10... Beta #1 on 11/5/10: 680!!!, Beta #2 on 11/8/10: 2337!!!, U/S 11/18/10 Got to see the tiny beating heart! What a blessing! 12/2/10 U/S HB 176 & I'm released! Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"