Adoption

Profile Book/Letter Question

From when you created your profile book or birth parent letter, how long did it take for agency editing, changes, and final approval for ordering? I feel like I've been working on it for awhile and I'm just ready to be through this stage.
TTC since June 2010
5 Angels

Lilypie - (hlC0)

Re: Profile Book/Letter Question

• Ours was pretty quick...less than 2 days? But we order the books on our own etc. and send them to the agency.

I sent it to our family advocate as a PDF she read it and made comments (mainly about typos) and then said we could go ahead and order it. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagemaryoosa:

Ours was pretty quick...less than 2 days? But we order the books on our own etc. and send them to the agency.

I sent it to our family advocate as a PDF she read it and made comments (mainly about typos) and then said we could go ahead and order it. 

We had a similar experience.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • We started our "dear birthmother" letter in early-mid June and weren't active until October 2nd. I was beyond frustrated because it took our agency forever to get edits back to us and they were usually not all that helpful. We ended up complaining to our SW after 2 edits because we were pretty much arguing grammar rules over email (the designer giving us reworded sentences that were grammatically incorrect) to try to speed it up. And yet it still took that long. I am SO glad that part of the process is over . I think every agency is different in how much involvement they have in the editing process, but I definitely understand the frustration in wanting to just get through it.
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagemaryoosa:

Ours was pretty quick...less than 2 days? But we order the books on our own etc. and send them to the agency.

How did you save it as a PDF?

TTC since June 2010
    5 Angels

Lilypie - (hlC0)
  • Strawberry,

We used Blurb book to create ours- so it gives you an option to purchase it as a pdf for like $5.00. Worth it to not deal with mailing stuff back and forth. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"