Babies on the Brain
Options

need some advice

Hey ladies, i am apart of the nest, and now joined here, which is only because lately babies have been on my brain. my sister in law just had her first in January, and the other day my friend announced she is pregnant as well.. and i am just trying to boggle it in my mind....i may have also watched "what to expect when your expecting" the other day, and the thought of kids and pregnancy kinda frightens me.. like how do you know what each cry means? or when to feed them? i want kids, i know i do, and we want to start trying this october...but this sudden nerves has me concerned for what comes with it. Any advice?
dogs

Re: need some advice

• Options

You will learn the cries.

You will learn when to feed them.

You will learn as you go.

No amount of training will make you a perfect mom before you become a mom.  Your children make you their mom.  

We have a 3 year old and one on the way and we still have no clue what we are doing.  

• Options
    oh you ladies make a girl feel so much more relaxed about it...and i guess there are books and doctors appointments to ask alll the questions. 
    dogs
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagepmarie33:

You will learn the cries.

You will learn when to feed them.

You will learn as you go.

No amount of training will make you a perfect mom before you become a mom.  Your children make you their mom.  

We have a 3 year old and one on the way and we still have no clue what we are doing.  

Holy crap I just saw your ticker! Congrats!!

Six years of infertility and loss, four IUIs, one IVF and one very awesome little boy born via med-free birth 10.24.13.
  • Options
    Relax. You will figure it out as it happens. Plus, each kid is different and needs slightly different parenting.
    Baby boy H is here! Born 2/1/2014 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Mysterious_wife: "And for the love of all things that sparkle, remove your last name" on BOTB.
  • Options
    My kid is 5 and I still don't know.
  • Options
    I am nervous about the same things! We are going to start trying soon and I am super ready but thinking about all the time I spend doing whatever I want and am scared about being selfish but I know (or hope) that every ounce of your heart will know what to do and love every minute. 

DS 12/15/13

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

People always asked me if I was ready for my daughter when I was pregnant.  My answer:  "As ready as I can be"

One of my husband's friends once told us:

"Kids aren't something you can be 100% ready for, it just happens and you roll with it."

No matter how prepared the person is, there are always moments where you have no idea what you're doing and you just go to your support system (mom, dad, sister, friends, aunt, grandmother, bump boards) and look for help.

• Options
    I have no advice - I actually just joined from The Nest myself - but I can tell you that you're not alone! We went from "someday" to serious TTC talk almost overnight. I have worried a whole lot! But I've also thought of my mom telling me many times as I was growing up that kids don't come with instruction books, and it has reminded me that everyone feels that way (sometimes at multiple times in life) - and that's one of the strengths I've found thought all this. Good luck...!
  • Options
    Once you're in the thick of it, instinct and your kid will tell you what to do. You can read all te books you want beforehand so you know what you're "supposed" to do, but the truth is that information may or may not work for your child. Just relax, and as long as you care about your child everything falls into place.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"