Eco-Friendly Family
Options

No 'poo technique

Anyone here do the no 'poo technique? Baking soda wash with apple cider vinegar rinse?

Around 3 months PP I started losing hair around my hairline and my hair texture/oils changed due to hormones. I used a sulfate free shampoo and conditioner previoisly and have for years with no issues. When my hair started becoming insanely greasy I switched to another sulfate free brand and it had the same reaction.

This leads me to no 'poo. Ive done a lot of research about it and different things you can add to the ACV to make the smell less podent. Ive also heard the hair adapts really well and becomes full and clean. So im looking at giving it a go.

Now after all that rambling, my biggest question is if you have done this technique, what was the weaning process like for you when you started? I was going to start this week and I have gone 2 days without washing my hair, but I just realized I put a couple spray of hairspray on some fly aways this morning. Does this interupt the weaning process?

TIA, ladies!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: No 'poo technique

• Options

I'm sorry your post has gone unanswered, but, although I don't want to speak for everyone here, the no 'poo and OCM are so common that people may have gotten tired of them.

I hope you did find an answer to your weaning question.

• Options
    imageStephHarry08:
    I'm sorry your post has gone unanswered, but, although I don't want to speak for everyone here, the no 'poo and OCM are so common that people may have gotten tired of them. I hope you did find an answer to your weaning question. nbsp;

Thanks for your response. After posting this I noticed just a few threads down that the no 'poo term was thrown around a couple of times. I then figured its probably been frequently talked about on here and found a couple of old threads.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I keep trying to get my SO to try a vinegar rinse on his hair, since it's falling out. He won't do it. Of course, he won't use the Rogaine under the sink, either... [Rolls eyes.]

It doesn't smell after you rinse it out; if you are worried about that you can spritz with perfume or dab with an oil??

• Options
    I'm wondering about this as well. It's been a month for me, and my hair is still drag, oily and gross. I really hope it will start feeling clean soon!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Have you tried going to

https://www.naturallycurly.com/

?

Even if you don't have curly hair, it's a mecca for anything related to sulphate free, no 'poo etc etc etc. There are a lot of resources on that site but especially on the forums.

Hope they can help,

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"