C-sections

Always cold?

So I am 10 days out from my csection with the twins and my normally always warm body is now constantly cold. I have to bundle up in the house or I feel like I'm freezing and I'm driving my SO nuts with turning the heat up. My guests last night said our house was hot yet i was layered and under a warm blanket and still cold. Also I woke the other night with chills so bad I could barely walk and my hands were shaking so badly I couldn't give one of the babies his bottle. Luckily that hasnt happened since. Is this a normal reaction to a csection? And can I expect this to go away?

Re: Always cold?

• Do you otherwise feel okay? No signs of sickness or infection? Definitely call your doctor if it continues or if there is any sign of something being wrong.

Everyone's recovery is different. I know I only felt crummy for a few days, maybe a week at the most. Depending on what anesthesia they used or what meds you are on, it could be related to that. I would definitely check with your doctor, though. If it is medication related, they can put you on something different.

ETA: also, your hormones are going to be unstable for a bit, so it could be related to that. Your best bet is to ask your doctor - he/she will be better able to figure out what is causing it since we don't know the specifics of your situation.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I kept getting the shakes and chills, but I thought it might be from weaning myself off the pain meds.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"