Philadelphia Babies

Does anyone live in Bala Cynwood?

We are currently living in Old City and trying to figure out where to move and settle our family.  We want to be very close to the city if we dont stay in the city, but would like to have a backyard and neighborhood feel for our son.  I was wondering does anyone live in Bala Cynwood?  If so, do you like it? Are there many other families there?  Do the kids play outside?  Sorry if I sound stupid, but we have lived in the city so long that anything else seems very foreign to us.  Any experiences are greatly appreciated. 

TTC#1 May 2009- July 2010 on our own with no luck

Started with RE in August 2010, dx with unexplained IF and then finally our 3rd IUI cycle using Follistim and Trigger resulted in our wonderful little man.  Born 12/2/11

TTC#2 Never really prevented, but were careful early on as Dr. reccomended

Surprise BFP 12/16/13, started progesterone immediately as first numbers came back low, but betas were good.  Progesterone wasnt enough. Natural MC 12/24/13.

Back with RE as of January 2014...

5/27/14- Chemical Pregnancy :(

April 2015 IVF#1

5/13/15- BFP, please stick LO!

Oh and I'm a major Harry Potter Nerd :)

Silly mugglesimage

Re: Does anyone live in Bala Cynwood?

• We live in Narberth, which is 2 mins from bala cynwyd and I grew up in the area too.  There are tons of families, schools are fantastic, and overall a great place to grow up.  My husband and I are renting in Narberth now, but hope to be able to eventually afford a house in the area (bala cynwyd, Narberth, wynnewood).  It is a very expensive area.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We lived in the city for a long time too, both our kids were born there.  We considered Bala, but for us, it was a little too close to the city and specifically City Line Ave and it is expensive considering.

We bought in Havertown and LOVE it.  We are on an awesome block with a great mix of neighbors with young kids and a few older couples whose children are grown.  Every day there are kids out and running around, playing in each other's yards, and the parents are all super nice.  We even switch off babysitting for each other and the moms on the block will go out on occasion.  We love it here

It is still close to the city and I can still walk a lot of places too - the library is around the corner as well as the middle and high schools, and a few stores.

Narberth is awesome and their little downtown is so cute. It is just really expensive.  I would also look at Ardmore 

DS 3.12.08
    DD 7.11.09
    DD 8.01.13
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks for the input- we actually went house hunting yesterday in Narberth, Wynnewood and Bala.  There wasn't much that would work us at the moment so we going to see what comes along...

TTC#1 May 2009- July 2010 on our own with no luck

Started with RE in August 2010, dx with unexplained IF and then finally our 3rd IUI cycle using Follistim and Trigger resulted in our wonderful little man.  Born 12/2/11

TTC#2 Never really prevented, but were careful early on as Dr. reccomended

Surprise BFP 12/16/13, started progesterone immediately as first numbers came back low, but betas were good.  Progesterone wasnt enough. Natural MC 12/24/13.

Back with RE as of January 2014...

5/27/14- Chemical Pregnancy :(

April 2015 IVF#1

5/13/15- BFP, please stick LO!

Oh and I'm a major Harry Potter Nerd :)

Silly mugglesimage

• I live in East Falls and love the area. We're walking distance to the library, a play ground, the train (which is a 15 min ride to center city) and we have a back yard. I work in Bala and it takes me under ten min to get to work if things aren't backed up on the bridge. The only issue is I would never send my kids to the public schools in this area so if you're unable to pay for alternative schooling, I'd personally look elsewhere.  

imageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Olivia's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"