Single Parents

Embracing it!

So I have finally decided to embrace this pregnancy. For the last few weeks I have been a little depressed and lonely as a single FTM. BUT! After finding out yesterday that LO is a baby girl everything has changed. Everything seems to be coming together and changing at the same time. The season change has really helped my mood in the last week or so. I live in KY and it's started to warm up and be sunny instead of cold and dreary. I have always suffered from seasonal depression in the winter and this year it was a lot worse since I was dealing with the first trimester lack of energy and breaking up with the baby's father.  

Finding out that LO is a girl has made something in me click. It's like I can finally start working towards the end. I can start really planning for her and designing her nursery and buying her things. Finding out has made all the difference. I'm finally starting to get excited and looking forward to June, which will be here waaayyyy too soon! lol.

Sorry, it's a little long and rambling. I just had to get it out there. 

Eleanor Carter-Lynn born 6.4.13, 17 days early, natural birth
Tetraolgy of Fallot discovered 6.5.13, Open Heart Surgery 10.7.13

(I never see Siggys... I'm always on moblie)
Ps- My iphone make me sound dumb sometimes... 

Re: Embracing it!

• Im very happy for you!!! Im trying to get there myself.. I totally hear you on the winter depression. I really need to take Vit D to help get out of the funk. I cant wait for Sun and warmer weather : )

Congrats on your baby girl.. Wish you all the best

Hugs

• :) Me too! Only downfall is I feel like the ONLY one excited for this baby... How do you get over that? Please let me know
  • Loading the player...
  • Finding out the gender of my son made it 'click' for me too.

It was like "okay this is really real now"

I was able to buy clothes, & think of names...

Being a single mother is difficult but has its benefits.

I dont have to share my boy with anyone :) and dont have anyone to argue with about decisions about him :)  

• Yup, that was a turning point for me too. I was really struggling with this unplanned surprise and "the baby" seemed like some vague concept that had invaded my life. But once I knew it was a boy and he starting moving, then he was really my son and I could begin to see our future together more clearly. So glad you reached a place of acceptance and hope things continue to go well for you.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagemel1987:
    :) Me too! Only downfall is I feel like the ONLY one excited for this baby... How do you get over that? Please let me know

I know it sucks, but some people take longer to get excited about the baby. Honestly, if it doesn't directly affect them, some people just don't care and won't give it their full attention. Like OP said, embrace this special time and focus on taking care of you and preparing for the baby. Channel your excitement into getting things ready for your new life and if other people aren't excited, then who cares? People who truly care about you will show their support and everyone else just doesn't matter.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"