Adoption

will couples adopt not newborns?

hi, my baby is two weeks old. i considered adoption when i was pregnant but now i really know i should not parent her. will agencies place not newborn babies?

Re: will couples adopt not newborns?

• Hi, Sham! Welcome to the board. I am so sorry you are going through this hard time; I know you must be struggling!

To answer your question, yes. Agencies will place children that aren't newborns. I recommend that you give a few agencies a call over the next few days or weeks to get a feel for which one may be a good fit for you (if that's the direction you'd like to go). There are also adoption facilitators and private adoption attorneys that can help you. For any of these options, there shouldn't be any cost to you.

I've heard good things about Bethany Christian Services, and they have a page of info that may be helpful to you at this stage, even though your baby is already 2 weeks old:
    https://www.bethany.org/main/pregnancy-resources/adoption

Once again, I am so sorry that you have to go through this trial; it totally sucks. If you have questions about placing your baby for adoption, there are a few amazing ladies on this board who placed their children. They may be able to answer some questions.

Praying that you'll feel some peace and direction!

Our Adoption Blog & Fundraising Efforts

Heading to China in November 2014 to bring our son home!

• yes they will but you will need the consent from the father as well.

Failed Matches - December 2012, May 2013, December 2013
    Moved on to  gestational surrogacy with a family friend who is our angel and due 7/23/15

• Loading the player...
  • It's probably best to contact an agency so they can guide you through the process, but you can also go to websites such as parentprofiles.com and view adoptive families.  You can search by your state if you want them to be near and so forth. The adoptive families specify what they are looking for, including the age of the child.  Many are open to 0-6 months.  Good luck!
    Married Since 09/2006, TTC Since 09/2010 
    DX: Unexplained infertility, DH normal 
    3 Femara cycles - Oct, Nov, Dec 2011, all BFNs 
    IVF #1, ER 2/15 (5R, 4M, 4F), ET 2/18, Beta 2/29 = BFN :( 
    Follistim + IUI on 6/25 = BFN 
    Home Study Finalized 8/14/12! Profile Active - 8/17/12! 
    Officially Matched 8/29/12, Our perfect angel born 9/25/12! 
    Biggest surprise ever, unexpected BFP on 4/12/13! 

Our Angel through Adoption
     Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Our Little Miracle
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Yes, couples will adopt children of any age. Personally, we are proceeding with Domestic Infant Adoption but our range is 0-6months. Speak with an agency/social worker who can assist you in finding the right home for your child if you feel you it is best.

I truly wish you strength and support through this process. 

TTC since June 2010
    5 Angels

Lilypie - (hlC0)
  • YES!!! 

We are living proof- we are currently in process to adopt a 12 year old (internationally).  With a surprise pregnancy in the mix. And we aren't an isolated case.

On our journey we've met hundreds of families adopting children of ALL ages, special needs, nationalities.......there are good families out there with a lot of love to give : )

Stay strong- sending lots of love your way. 

imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Yes. Our agency definitely places children up through toddler age. And, at our agency the "newborn" category goes up to two months. Good luck with your decision. 
    Trying to grow our family with both fertility treatments and adoption since March 2009 
    IUIs#1-4 = BFN, IVF#1 = c/p, IVF#2 = OHSS, FET#1=BFP
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Welcome.  I know this must be a hard time for you.  If you are thinking that you should not parent then you shouldn't.  Adoption is the most UNselfish thing you can do for your child.  It's a wonderful thing.  Agencies will absolutely place a child that is not an infant.  I would contact an agency in your area.  If you are unsure of agencies you can be directed by your local child protective agency's online website.  I applaud you for considering this for your child.  Good luck to you and I'm sending you a hug.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"