Toddlers: 24 Months+
Options

Moms of 4 yaer olds

How long should a 4 year old be able to play by themselves with their toys? What is age appopriate?

Re: Moms of 4 yaer olds

• Options
    Sorry you havent gotten any responses...my kids are 3 1/2 and can play for 45 min to an hour if they are using or doing something they love or are really engaged in, though 60 min is the max and doesnt really occur a lot...but there are 2 of them so sometimes they play together which helps (though a lot of the time they fight so there is that too, I end up breaking up a lot of physical & yelling fighting)... I would say at 4 yrs old maybe something b/w 30 & 60 min of playing depending on the kid & what they're playing with? Not sure though. GL!
  • Options
    DD can play for 45 mins to an hour.  This is usually her coloring, playing with her baby doll or playing princess.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm with the others and would guess around an hour or more. I never really paid attention aside from knowing that she'll sometimes play during my son's nap time on the weekends. He'll nap ~90 minutes. She's usually reenacting something with dolls
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    My 4 and a half year old is super social but she can easily entertain her self for hours. She'll go between working on art to pretend play, she'll come and show me what she's working on and play with her sister some too but she can easily self entertain. I think the key is to have toys and activities that engage them readily avalible.
    My 2 girls, both born on a Friday the 13th, are exactly 2 years, 2 months, 2 hours and 2 minutes apart! And Baby Boy joined us October 11, 2013! image
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"