Babies on the Brain

Marijuana effects?

I think I might be pregnant. About 3 weeks. I'm a maijuana smoker. I smoke quite a bit and its always gave me a pleasant high but lately when I smoke I get lightheaded and weird feeling. I was just wondering if when a pot smoker becomes pregnant if your body reacts to the weed differently?

Re: Marijuana effects?

• LOL

ETA: i miss the good ol' long con. What happened to building a personality and THEN trolling? Bring back some professionalism. Can I get an AMEN?  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    I used to be "Chasingthedog" but it would never let me update my profile.
    The Sheepdog | My sorry looking chart
  • Not sure I understand what you're talking about..
  • Loading the player...
  • Play it through to the end. 
    I used to be "Chasingthedog" but it would never let me update my profile.
    The Sheepdog | My sorry looking chart
  • Lurker coming over from ttgp:

Sounds like your brain is reacting to all that pot smoking...

**Siggy/Ticker Warning**   

TTC #1 since May 2012

May 2013: First R.E. appointment

DH: SA is good

May 2013: CD3 Blood work-normal
               June 2013: Hsg-Right tube blocked

July 26, 2013: Starting Follistim for IVF #1

August 2013: IVF #1 Cancelled- Abnormal embryos

October/November 2013: IVF #2 w/ICSI

November 8, 2013: Transferred two early blasts (no frosties) 

November 18, 2013: First EVER BFP! 

Beta#1: 91  Beta#2: 288

1st U/S- 5w2d Saw yolk sac!

3rd U/S- 7w4d HB of 157bpm!

TEAM BLUE!

http://movingtolight.blogspot.com/

imageimage

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

• Just in case the OP is for real....

Please talk to a doctor. If you are pregnant, you should stop smoking MJ ASAP.

To answer your actual question though, I'm guessing it very well could (your body could react to the MJ differently while pregnant because of all of the hormones).

That being said, if you have symptoms of being pregnant, you are pregnant enough to turn a home pregnancy test positive. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Like most kids born in the 80's, my parents are (were) both filthy hippies. My mother smoked copious amounts of marijuana throughout her pregnancies. There are 3 of us, and we're all nuts. Smoke it up. 

Spontaneous pregnancy #1
    DD1 July 31, 2011

Trying for #2 since Oct 11
    732973 Clomid Cycles
    2 IUIs 
    3 Fresh IVFs= 1 Ectopic treated with MTX
    Spontaneous pregnancy #2= Ectopic #2= lost left tube
    Spontaneous pregnancy #3= DD2 January 29, 2016
    Spontaneous pregnancy #4= Ectopic #3
    Spontaneous pregnancy #5= Baby #3 is a BOY!!! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageUhhhstounding:
    I think I might be pregnant. About 3 weeks. I'm a maijuana smoker. I smoke quite a bit and its always gave me a pleasant high but lately when I smoke I get lightheaded and weird feeling. I was just wondering if when a pot smoker becomes pregnant if your body reacts to the weed differently?

This is my favorite.  Thanks for the description of your feelings while you possibly hurt your unborn child.  I'm terribly sorry this is messing up your buzz. 

Anniversary

BabyFetus Ticker
  • You think you're pg....YOU STOP SMOKING POT!
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • probably the best mud I've seen in a long time.

• imagepmarie33:
    probably the best mud I've seen in a long time.

right... at least it's not "ZOMG, im totez preggers"  that was getting old... at least this is fairly good to work with... 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagepmarie33:
    probably the best mud I've seen in a long time.
    This kind of mud pisses me off. What happened to good ol twy sentwa?
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • Are you insane? I would love to know if you're for real. Or just an attention whore.
  • As the wife of someone whose mother is "the biggest stoner" he knows, (on the off chance you are legit) please stop smoking pot until you know for sure you aren't pregnant. Obviously I love MH, but his mom did not do him any favors smoking pot while pregnant with him.
    Baby boy H is here! Born 2/1/2014 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Mysterious_wife: "And for the love of all things that sparkle, remove your last name" on BOTB.
  • imagetwentyeightlegs:

LOL

ETA: i miss the good ol' long con. What happened to building a personality and THEN trolling? Bring back some professionalism. Can I get an AMEN?  

Lurking - I'll give you an AMEN! 

I'm not new. I just hate The Bump. 

• There is no direct evidence of negative side effects from smoking. That being said I think you should cut it out like cigarettes, alcohol and junk food.

There is no guarantee that your kid will be negatively affected, but why take the risks? At worst, try cutting back. I have a friend who drank, smoked cigarettes and weed and the baby is fine, but it's risky. At the very lease use a vaporizer, since smoke inhalation does have a negative correlation.
  • This is awesome! People amaze me. 

DS 12/15/13

BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagefredalina:
    imageTGemma:
    There is no direct evidence of negative side effects from smoking. That being said I think you should cut it out like cigarettes, alcohol and junk food.

There is no guarantee that your kid will be negatively affected, but why take the risks? At worst, try cutting back. I have a friend who drank, smoked cigarettes and weed and the baby is fine, but it's risky. At the very lease use a vaporizer, since smoke inhalation does have a negative correlation.

This is completely false. There is ABSOLUTELY direct evidence proving that smoking pot OR cigarettes is harmful. Try reading "The Mystery of Risk" and stop spouting off crap you clearly know nothing about until you actually bother to learn something.

WTF? Now I'm just all kinds of pissed.

Yes

**Siggy/Ticker Warning**   

TTC #1 since May 2012

May 2013: First R.E. appointment

DH: SA is good

May 2013: CD3 Blood work-normal
               June 2013: Hsg-Right tube blocked

July 26, 2013: Starting Follistim for IVF #1

August 2013: IVF #1 Cancelled- Abnormal embryos

October/November 2013: IVF #2 w/ICSI

November 8, 2013: Transferred two early blasts (no frosties) 

November 18, 2013: First EVER BFP! 

Beta#1: 91  Beta#2: 288

1st U/S- 5w2d Saw yolk sac!

3rd U/S- 7w4d HB of 157bpm!

TEAM BLUE!

http://movingtolight.blogspot.com/

imageimage

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

• Many studies have shown that THC, the drug in marijuana is not harmful to a developing fetus, however, the act of smoking is very harmful to mother, baby and all those around you. Stop now and all should be well. Also, don't pick it back up postpartum an expose the baby to second hand smoke.
  • imagefredalina:
    imageLissygrl:
    Many studies have shown that THC, the drug in marijuana is not harmful to a developing fetus.
    I do not think you can prove this.

Agreed.

And, Lissygrl, I hope you've reported those "studies" you found and the people researching that information to the NIH, AMA, and FDA as well as many other governing bodies for research in this country. Since, you know, any studies that test DRUGS on a pregnant woman and a fetus are both illegal and unethical.

But GL with proving that idiotic statement. 

Six years of infertility and loss, four IUIs, one IVF and one very awesome little boy born via med-free birth 10.24.13.
  • I kind of like the twist that came at the end of this MUD. Not "is getting high hurting my baby?" but "is my baby hurting my high?" It's like the surprise ending of an M. Night Shyamalan movie!
  • I have worked in one of the county hospitals on the south side of Chicago, in the NICU, with all the babies born to mothers who drank heavily and abused drugs. It was heartbreaking. If this is your attitude and approach during pregnancy or TTC, you clearly do not have the common sense of intellectual capacity to be a mother. GTFO!
  • imagePolskaLaska9812:
    I have worked in one of the county hospitals on the south side of Chicago, in the NICU, with all the babies born to mothers who drank heavily and abused drugs. It was heartbreaking. If this is your attitude and approach during pregnancy or TTC, you clearly do not have the common sense of intellectual capacity to be a mother. GTFO!

Stroger? Dude. You've got some brass balls. That place is SCARY.

Six years of infertility and loss, four IUIs, one IVF and one very awesome little boy born via med-free birth 10.24.13.
  • imageDebateThis:

imagePolskaLaska9812:
    I have worked in one of the county hospitals on the south side of Chicago, in the NICU, with all the babies born to mothers who drank heavily and abused drugs. It was heartbreaking. If this is your attitude and approach during pregnancy or TTC, you clearly do not have the common sense of intellectual capacity to be a mother. GTFO!

No ***!! But I'm also not a fan of being reminded of the ignorant, uneducated morons that do drugs during pregnancy, as OP has clearly identified with.

• imagePolskaLaska9812:
    imageDebateThis:

imagePolskaLaska9812:

No ***!! But I'm also not a fan of being reminded of the ignorant, uneducated morons that do drugs during pregnancy, as OP has clearly identified with.

I don't blame you. I don't either. I just did IVF to get pregnant and THESE jokers can shoot babies out like Pez? Ugh.

• imageDebateThis:
    imagePolskaLaska9812:
    imageDebateThis:

imagePolskaLaska9812:

I don't blame you. I don't either. I just did IVF to get pregnant and THESE jokers can shoot babies out like Pez? Ugh.

Still waiting on those studies.

• imagePolskaLaska9812:
    imageDebateThis:
    imagePolskaLaska9812:
    imageDebateThis:

imagePolskaLaska9812:

Please post more often.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageLissygrl:
    Many studies have shown that THC, the drug in marijuana is not harmful to a developing fetus, however, the act of smoking is very harmful to mother, baby and all those around you. Stop now and all should be well. Also, don't pick it back up postpartum an expose the baby to second hand smoke.

I think that the point Lissgrl was trying to make is that because, like PP have said, scientists cannot make studies or run tests on the effects of one specific component of MJ, THC,  on a fetus because it is unethical, all we have to rely on are correlations between MJ-using mothers and reported birth defects. Down side is that in the world of statistics, a correlation does not = causation so researchers cannot definitively say that using causes the defects. Its kind of like how there have been cases where workers exposed to asbestos have tried to sue their employers and lost because you cannot prove the asbestos is what caused your cancer (which is completely unfair).

Just in an effort to play devil's advocate, Lissygrl did urge OP to stop immediately because  she realizes the harm smoking itself can do, and it did not seem IMO that she was supporting MJ use by mothers. 

I know I myself am also a new poster, and so may not have a lock down on group dynamics yet, so I'd like to add that I'm not trying to put any one down or stir up drama - just trying to clear the air a little and make a more inclusive environment for seasoned and new members of the board alike.

Any one else find it funny how the OP has yet to respond to all of this? lol definitely seems like some serious MUD just to stir the pot to me.  

Most of all, Happy Friday everyone! Enjoy your weekends if you have it off :) 

TTGP Jan Siggy Challenge: Workout Fails

Workout FAIL!. .. actually about 1% of the male population CAN

So THAT's how you get into baby-making position!

imageDjhffrz4XcU3vY8JaKJ0mg2KTyzMU4IW_lg.jpg

• imageKristinmo:
    imagePolskaLaska9812:
    imageDebateThis:
    imagePolskaLaska9812:
    imageDebateThis:

imagePolskaLaska9812:

Please post more often.

Me? Sure will. Usually post in the TTGP board, but crept over here for this fantastic advice.

• imagerayschicky:

imageLissygrl:
    Many studies have shown that THC, the drug in marijuana is not harmful to a developing fetus, however, the act of smoking is very harmful to mother, baby and all those around you. Stop now and all should be well. Also, don't pick it back up postpartum an expose the baby to second hand smoke.

I think that the point Lissgrl was trying to make is that because, like PP have said, scientists cannot make studies or run tests on the effects of one specific component of MJ, THC,  on a fetus because it is unethical, all we have to rely on are correlations between MJ-using mothers and reported birth defects. Down side is that in the world of statistics, a correlation does not = causation so researchers cannot definitively say that using causes the defects. Its kind of like how there have been cases where workers exposed to asbestos have tried to sue their employers and lost because you cannot prove the asbestos is what caused your cancer (which is completely unfair).

Just in an effort to play devil's advocate, Lissygrl did urge OP to stop immediately because  she realizes the harm smoking itself can do, and it did not seem IMO that she was supporting MJ use by mothers. 

I know I myself am also a new poster, and so may not have a lock down on group dynamics yet, so I'd like to add that I'm not trying to put any one down or stir up drama - just trying to clear the air a little and make a more inclusive environment for seasoned and new members of the board alike.

Any one else find it funny how the OP has yet to respond to all of this? lol definitely seems like some serious MUD just to stir the pot to me.  

Most of all, Happy Friday everyone! Enjoy your weekends if you have it off :) 

Oh hi. You're wrong too.

• Hi back lol what part?

TTGP Jan Siggy Challenge: Workout Fails

Workout FAIL!. .. actually about 1% of the male population CAN

So THAT's how you get into baby-making position!

imageDjhffrz4XcU3vY8JaKJ0mg2KTyzMU4IW_lg.jpg

• imagetwentyeightlegs:

LOL

AMEN! 

Pregnancy Ticker
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • imagegreeneyed_bride:
    I kind of like the twist that came at the end of this MUD. Not "is getting high hurting my baby?" but "is my baby hurting my high?" It's like the surprise ending of an M. Night Shyamalan movie!

Ha! ::dead:: 

• imageTGemma:
    There is no direct evidence of negative side effects from smoking. That being said I think you should cut it out like cigarettes, alcohol and junk food. There is no guarantee that your kid will be negatively affected, but why take the risks? At worst, try cutting back. I have a friend who drank, smoked cigarettes and weed and the baby is fine, but it's risky. At the very lease use a vaporizer, since smoke inhalation does have a negative correlation.

ummm no.

Zip it! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"