Adoption

Bethany Christian Services

They have an office in my city, and they seem like a decent agency. I am considering requesting an info packet from them.

However, I've read some pretty bad stuff about them online. There were some people saying that they treated BMs very poorly and only favored upper-class adoptive families. I have no idea what the basis of those reviews is but they make me nervous.

Anyone had experiences with Bethany? Positive or negative? You can always PM me if you don't feel comfortable posting it here. 

Started TTC July 2012. Missed m/c & d&c 9/12 11w. Natural m/c 1/13 6w. Chemical pgs 3/13 & 8/13 around 4w. Currently TTA while saving for adoption.

“When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us.” -Helen Keller

Re: Bethany Christian Services

• I had a great experience with the rep I worked with (I'm a BM) at an office in Iowa. My situation was a bit different because I started the adoption process via a private agency in Ohio and then moved to Iowa - where Bethany finished the adoption process (if my memory serves me correct, they acted as an agent of the Ohio agency). Nonetheless, they handled things very well, the rep made me feel very comfortable with the switchover and catching up on my story, and the hospital/after math experience was just as good as can be expected.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD placed in open adoption 2/2007
    Married in 5/2010
    DD 5/2015
    DS 3/2016
    EDD 4/29/19
  • I have known a few people to use them as their agency and they all had a great experience working with them. They were all international adoptions but they only had good things to say about the agency. We looked into them but they don't have a lot available right now as far as IA's go. 

• Loading the player...
  • We are going through them right now for DIA. We are only in the waiting portion, but they have been fantastic so far. For us never doing adoption before and being so young 25 it has been amazing to have them there holding our hands every step of the way and giving us all the trainings we need.

And I'm fairly certain if they DO favor upper class people we would have been thrown on our aes. We are affording adoption by the skin of our teeth.
    TTC since June 2009 DX: PCOS October 2010
    6 medicated cycles, 2 pregnancies, 1 ectopic April 2011, Early Miscarriage August 2011
    7 more cycles, 1 IUI, No success after last pregnancy
    7/1/2012 No more fertility coverage
    8/17/2012 started pursuing domestic infant adoption!
    11/26/2012 HOME STUDY APPROVED!!!
    Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers
    When relaxing didn't work is my new blog!
  • We used them for our DIA through the La Mirada, CA office. We had an amazing experience! They were friendly, supportive, and extremely knowledgable. I also liked that the pregnancy counselors never try to talk expectant mothers into adoption, but rather focus on counseling them to make the right decision for themselves. We adopted LO 10 months ago and are still very involved in the agency. We love that they offer parenting and enrichment classes free of charge for the rest of our lives since we are now part of the "Bethany Family." We have spoken at orientations and I work with our office's Moms in Motion team to put on an annual fundraiser.

Obviously, we are definitely Team Bethany due to the amazing experience that we had. I know that there are negative reviews online, but you need to remember that each office operates independently. Look for reviews on your specific office. Even though they are all under the Bethany umbrella, you will find that each office is different. Our office was amazing, but a friend used an office in another state that didn't offer a very good experience. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    She's Forever Ours! Finaliaztion-12.26.12Image and video hosting by TinyPic http://hehasaplanforus.blogspot.com/
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"