Pregnant after 35

Any other single, over 35 mommy's to be out there?

Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE MicrosoftInternetExplorer4

I am 38 years old and feel very alone through this process of being pregnant.  I am taking prenatal yoga, and I look around the class, and everyone seems to have a wedding ring on :(

Not only do I not have a wedding ring, I don't have a boyfriend or significant other.

I am so happy that I will be a mom (I am 23 weeks along) but feel so scared and sometimes even embarrassed that I didn't plan better.

Help!  Can anyone else relate to me???  I am well educated and come from a great traditional family.  I am having trouble coping with the emotions of being overjoyed about finally becoming a mother, but sad and scared all at the same time.  

/* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin-top:0in; mso-para-margin-right:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt; mso-para-margin-left:0in; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;}

Re: Any other single, over 35 mommy's to be out there?

• I understand how you are feeling. Although I have an FI he says that he's not sure he wants to be in a relationship. It's scary to feel so alone. I'm very excited to be having a baby, but at the same time I'm kicking myself in the a$$ for being in this situation. I'm 42 with a grown child whom I raised by myself and the fact that I'm facing it again is scaring me to death.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Hi Kimmy - I'm not sure what a FI is?  Sorry, I am new to this.

I am VERY impressed that you've successfully been a single mom.  I wonder if you could recommend blogs, support, how to connect w other single preggo's??

Thanks and hang in there,

Andrea

• Loading the player...
  • I'm married, but my SIL (both of them, actually) as well as my cousin raised their kids as single moms. We all pitched in and helped-- providing emotional support, sometimes even financial support, and DEFINITELY time and effort support (babysitting, picking up kids from daycare, dropping them off, etc).

I just wanted to say that I hope you have a great support system around you-- friends, family, etc.-- and that you can do this! No, you didn't plan it and it's not ideal, but that baby is still a wonderful miracle and anyone who tells you otherwise is not someone you need in your life!

Hang in there!
    *********************************************************************************************

"You have to do your own growing no matter how tall your grandfather was." 
            -- Abraham Lincoln

Me:39  MH:39 
    DD born 6/1/2013 after 15 months of TTC with one loss.    
    TTC #2: BFP 4/22 but stalled growth and no HB at 9w3d on 5/30        

<a href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3a2798" style="font-size:smaller;" >
    <br /> My Ovulation Chart</a>

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • You aren't alone.  My BD is still in the picture but won't be for long the way things are going.  He is selfish and self-centered and it's just not going to work out.  I am sticking it out for as long as I can but am also very realistic about the situation.  We are both 42, btw. 

I, too, and quite nervous about what will happen when the small amount of financial help he provides is gone.  In all other aspects of raising our daughter I know I will do better on my own. 

Just remember that a lot of single women these days choose to move forward with having kids when they can't seem to find the right guy for them.  I'd rather my kids be raised in a traditional family setting like yours but sometimes it just doesn't work out exactly the way we want it.  It just means I don't have to share my little girl with anyone if I choose not to.  : )

• You're not alone. I'm 40, single, and newly pregnant with my first. It's definitely scary, but I'm so excited that I'm going to have the opportunity to be a mom! We are definitely not alone!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • 39 single and freaked out too! I am not in a relationship, baby daddy is absent although in this past week he at least text me wishing me well lol. I have a mixture of emotions, fear, embarrassment, excitement, not to mention they freak us out because of our age, so far 11 weeks in I have been worried and stressed for most of this time!
  • I wanted to wish you all the luck in the world, and I know you will be a great mom! Also, there is a single parent page on The Bump. You might find some helpful folks over there too.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm single by choice, and my pregnancy was planned.  I'm not nervous or scared, except of giving birth!  I've waited a long time to become a mom and have all of my family's support.  I know everything will be okay. 
  • I am also single and just conceived my first via IUI with a donor. I am 6w on Friday.

I had been in a 3+ year relationship with my BF who lived with me, and he knew about my intentions to go this route since we began dating. (He has two children from a previous marriage and could not have more due to health issues and a vasectomy). Anyway, after 3 unsuccessful IUIs and mounting stress between us over the situation, he moved out three days before my 4th try, citing that he just "couldn't get his head around this whole thing" and wasn't sure he wanted any more kids. I went ahead with it and that try was a SUCCESS! I honestly think the stress he was causing during the other three attempts had a negative impact on the process. I am lonely at times and a little worried about "how will I do this," but remind myself it is something I researched and considered for YEARS and having a child has been so important to me for so long... this is definitely the path I am meant to be on and I know I will have tough moments of self doubt, but ultimately, this is where I am supposed to be. I wish you luck on your journey to motherhood! Definitely exciting times!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"