Parenting

The Jodi Arias case

Has the Jodi Arias case been discussed? It seems pretty crazy. Something is really not right with her.

I admit I'm also extra intrigued cuz the dude was nominally a Mormon.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BhqjipgCIAAOz7H.jpg
-My son was born in April 2012. He pretty much rules.

Re: The Jodi Arias case

• She's an evil little beyotch. I hope she's convicted. She has trashed him for everything you can think of, from implying he raped her, to DV, to pedophilia. While sources report he was afraid of her.

image image
  • LD, you've got to include her hair, glasses, dress, and mannerism change between pre court and in court.

image image
  • Loading the player...
  • I've seen bits and pieces of the trial in between Mickey Mouse. She defiantly seems off. Her journal makes her look like she's lying about everything!
  • Should I copy paste the Wikipedia article, or just a link to it?

The digital camera suggests they boned the night he died. I know I often have sex with women I'm terrified of...
  • She's very much a classic sociopath. No remorse, no feeling...she's certifiably crazy. I don't think they will have any problems getting a conviction.
    DS1 November 2009
    DS2 August 2012
  • imageLuckyDad:
    Should I copy paste the Wikipedia article, or just a link to it? The digital camera suggests they boned the night he died. I know I often have sex with women I'm terrified of...

I am formally requesting a full LD recap of this case. I have no idea who this bish is.

Our Little Lady
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Avery - 8.2.07 | Asher - 5.12.10 | Audrey - 11.28.12

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageLuckyDad:
    Should I copy paste the Wikipedia article, or just a link to it?

The digital camera suggests they boned the night he died. I know I often have sex with women I'm terrified of...

I did not know that.

I still really don't like her. Her subtle hints at being raped and abused while throwing off the "lying" vibe really, really upset me.

image image
  • Here's the Wikipedia link I read the other day when I heard about this case for the first time - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Travis_Alexander (I have exactly zero clue how to make this clicky).

• imageginamcp:

Here's the Wikipedia link I read the other day when I heard about this case for the first time - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Travis_Alexander (I have exactly zero clue how to make this clicky).

Completely unrelated, but your siggy scares the piss out of me.  I have a hard time watching it, yet I can't look away. Is that Voldemort's face on Beyonce's body?
    Our Little Lady
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Avery - 8.2.07 | Asher - 5.12.10 | Audrey - 11.28.12

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageblowfish11:
    imageginamcp:

Here's the Wikipedia link I read the other day when I heard about this case for the first time - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Travis_Alexander (I have exactly zero clue how to make this clicky).

Completely unrelated, but your siggy scares the piss out of me.  I have a hard time watching it, yet I can't look away. Is that Voldemort's face on Beyonce's body?

I was just thinking the same thing. I stared at it for a while, and then shuddered.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Abridged wiki article

Jodi Ann Arias was born on July 9, 1980. She has testified that both of her parents began physically abusing her after the age of 7 with a wooden spoon and belt as a form of punishment. Although she attended Yreka Union High School, she did not graduate; she later received her GED in jail while awaiting trial. Arias and Alexander met in September 2006 at a conference, On November 26, 2006, Arias was baptized into the Latter-day Saint faith by Alexander. As of February 2, 2007, Alexander and Arias were a couple. She then relocated to Mesa, Arizona. Arias alleges that the two broke up on June 29, 2007 due to trust issues but that they continued to maintain a physical relationship after she moved back to Yreka, California in April 2008.[6] She returned to California after her then roommate in Mesa, Arizona, married. The roommate did not feel it appropriate that Arias live in her marital home and Arias was unsuccessful in finding new housing arrangements. Arias was indicted on a first degree murder charge on July 9, 2008 (also her 28th birthday), by a grand jury.[7] On July 15, 2008, Arias was arrested at her grandparents' home in Yreka, California.[8] She was extradited to Arizona on September 5, 2008, where she entered a not guilty plea on September 11, 2008.

Alexander's friends discovered his dead body in a shower of his home. He had been shot in the face, his throat was slit from ear to ear, and he had been stabbed 29 times (the original report indicated 27 stab wounds). Arias changed her account of her whereabouts three times. She originally told police that she had not been in the home at the time of Alexander's death. She later told police that two intruders had broken into Alexander's home and that they murdered him and attacked her. Finally, she stated that she killed Alexander in self-defense and was a victim of domestic violence.

The 9-1-1 call notifying authorities of the discovery made mention of an ex-girlfriend that Alexander had told friends was stalking him, hacking into his Facebook account, and slashing tires.[17] Arias and many of Alexander's friends voluntarily gave fingerprint and DNA samples to Mesa Police. Arias also began calling the detective assigned to the case, Esteban Flores, inquiring about details and offering assistance. She claimed that she had no knowledge of the crime and that she had last seen Alexander in April 2008.

Prior to the discovery of his remains, Arias continued to call and leave multiple voicemails for Alexander. It has been alleged that she also accessed Alexander's voicemail messages after his death.[18] She stated that Travis was to visit her in May 2008 but that plans changed. A white Ford Focus was rented by Arias in Redding, California on June 2, 2008, some 100 miles south of her residence. She advised Budget Rent a Car staff that the rental was for local use only. The vehicle was returned on June 7, 2008 after being driven approximately 2,800 miles, missing floor mats, and "kool-aid" looking stains on the front and rear seats. The vehicle had been cleaned before police could examine it.

Alexander's heavily damaged digital camera was located in the downstairs washing machine. The camera was new. Detective Flores, via phone interview with Arias, asked her if she knew a possible motive for why someone would want to damage Alexander's camera. Although images had been deleted, Mesa Police were able to recover the images. The recovered images included Arias and Alexander, both in sexually suggestive poses, at approximately 1:40 p.m. on June 4, 2008. In the photos, she is brunette and wearing pigtails. The last photo of Alexander alive, and in the shower, was taken at 5:29:20 p.m. on June 4, 2008. Moments later, images appear of an individual, believed to be Alexander, "profusely bleeding" on the floor.[21][22] The attack on Alexander began at approximately 5:30 PM on June 4, 2008.

It's pretty obvious she killed him, presumably because he was banging some other chick. They put her on the stand because they're throwing a "Self-Defense" hail may. Pretty crazy poop.

• imageLidiaLavonna:
    imageLuckyDad:

It's pretty obvious she killed him, presumably because he was banging some other chick. They put her on the stand because they're throwing a "Self-Defense" hail may. Pretty crazy poop.

If you're going to kill someone, at least know how technology works. She left the camera? FFS.

She threw it in the washing machine, assuming it would destroy it. It probably was useless for taking pictures at that point, but they recovered the images off the card.

She also took a picture of him bleeding. THAT was real smart.

• imageLidiaLavonna:
    imageOkayKelci:

Before Trial:

During Trial:

Obviously guilty.  

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not. She's got the right to change her look, but this court version seems so fake when I watch footage.

image image
  • I feel like self defense gets really weak when you shoot someone in the face, then slit their throat, then stab them 28 times.

"After I shot him and slit his throat, he kept coming after me! I had to stab him!"

image image
  • imageacaudill75:
    imageblowfish11:
    imageginamcp:

I was just thinking the same thing. I stared at it for a while, and then shuddered.

It is indeed Voldemort's face on Beyonce's body and yes it's a little creepy if you watch it for too long.   

• imageHolls2011:
    This is just... so... I can't find the words.  It seems like she is absolutely crazy cakes and had planned the whole thing.  I can only wonder why someone would be with/sleep with someone that they knew was this insane. 

Men stick their peens in crazy all the time, so much so there's an internet cliche of advice for young men that literally goes:

"Don't stick your d!ck in crazy".

• imageLidiaLavonna:

I wasn't really being sarcastic, more channeling Elle Woods and going off of the "icky brown color of her hair".  And I agree. She's trying to go from seductive temptress to innocent little mormon girl. Granted, jail time probably helped with that. 

I will say that it's often difficult to get your hair professionally dyed while you are in prison. She is half-Mexican, so the court color is probably more natural for her. The glasses are pure theater.

• As far as changes in her appearance, hasn't she been in custody since 2008?  I can imagine being behind bars might change a woman's beauty routine a bit.
    Stay at home mom to a house of boys: two amazing stepsons, 12 and 9, and our 4 year old.
  • imageScout2005:
    I read the Wiki article.So...what am I missing in terms of why this has captured so much attention? I mean, it's horrible that someone was murdered, but what is so "special" not the right word about this case?

The combo of male victim, lots of sex, and a pretty murderess will almost always draw the media.

Pretty white or white looking woman commits a murder? National news?

A la Casey Anthony and that girl who was tried in Italy.

image image
  • imageRondackHiker:
    imageScout2005:
    I read the Wiki article.So...what am I missing in terms of why this has captured so much attention? I mean, it's horrible that someone was murdered, but what is so "special" not the right word about this case?
    The combo of male victim, lots of sex, and a pretty murderess will almost always draw the media. Pretty white or white looking woman commits a murder? National news? A la Casey Anthony and that girl who was tried in Italy.

Arias is also taking the stand, which is definitely a rarity in murder cases. But yes, the fact she's an attractive younger woman is certainly part of what's drawing the media flies, coupled with sexsexsex.

• I have been watching it online every day since it started. I think she's definitely guilty.
  • imageScout2005:

I read the Wiki article.

So...what am I missing in terms of why this has captured so much attention? I mean, it's horrible that someone was murdered, but what is so "special" (not the right word) about this case?

The details of his death are also gruesome and unusual.  He was shot in the face, his throat was slit, and he was stabbed 29 times.

Stay at home mom to a house of boys: two amazing stepsons, 12 and 9, and our 4 year old.
  • imageRondackHiker:
    I feel like self defense gets really weak when you shoot someone in the face, then slit their throat, then stab them 28 times. "After I shot him and slit his throat, he kept coming after me! I had to stab him!"
    If he was Rasptin, maybe ...

ETA: Rasputin, dammit. I can spell, I swear!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageacaudill75:
    imageRondackHiker:
    I feel like self defense gets really weak when you shoot someone in the face, then slit their throat, then stab them 28 times.

"After I shot him and slit his throat, he kept coming after me! I had to stab him!"

If he was Rasptin, maybe ...

Lol

image image
  • imageLuckyDad:
    Should I copy paste the Wikipedia article, or just a link to it? The digital camera suggests they boned the night he died. I know I often have sex with women I'm terrified of...

linky? 

m/c 2013
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"