March 2013 Moms
Options

?? For FTMs who feel ready....

Ok,  I'm so miserable at this point (37 weeks) that so much of me cannot wait to have this baby so I can be relieved of all my pregnancy discomforts...however not knowing what to really expect of labor is scaring the "***" out of me. I've heard all the stories...even the good ones do not put me at ease because everyone is different. 

Are any of you FTMs so freaking nervous with anticipation??? Granted, however my desire to be done with pregnancy does actually trump my fear of labor but I'm still nervous regardless.

All I keep hoping is my anticipation is worse than the actual experience will be. I hope when he gets here I can come back and post "oh it wasn't so bad".

Re: ?? For FTMs who feel ready....

• Options

I think it is natural to be nervous regardless if it is your first or 5th.  You never know what to expect because each labor can be different.  I am soooo ready for her to be here but I am definitely scared.  I am scared because of all of the unknowns (when, where, how), I am scared it is going to happen when I am alone (dh works a different sched then I do),  I am scared if everything is going to go smoothly without any problems, and my 2 biggest fears is the pain and having a c section."oh it wasn't so bad" would be nice but I don't think that happens very often.  At least not for people I know.  

When I start thinking about all of those things I try to remind myself that it is all only temporary and that my baby is forever (no matter how cheesy that might be).  Women have been giving birth forever so if someone can do it in a field by herself while biting down on a stick then I will be able to do it too!  

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    I am definitely having mixed feelings of being excited, nervous, scared, etc.  I really can't wait to meet my little girl and more than anything, I just want to hold her in my arms and know that she's healthy.  The act of giving birth terrifies me though.  As PP said, I hate that there are so many unknowns.  I just wish I knew exactly, when, where, and how this was all going to go down so I could prepare myself.  I guess that's all part of it though!  I just keep trying to remind myself that many women have given birth and for the most part, they all ended up fine.  We can do this!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm a ftm and 39 weeks today. I am so ready to be done being pregnant, but like you have been scared of the giving birth part. I actually had a meltdown at my last ob appointment and broke down hysterically crying. Not something I was planning on doing and I couldn't control it (darn hormones).  I'm actually feeling much better now and am in a place where I feel content and calm just waiting for baby. I can't wait to meet her and she has to get out somehow!  I keep telling myself it is only one day and then I will heal and I'll have a beautiful baby come out of it. There is a purpose to the pain.  You are not alone in your fears! I think all women feel this way at one point.  Also, my doc told me to try not to be so nervous about it because it will tell your body you aren't ready yet. gL. 
  • Options
    Not a FTM but I want to offer you guys some words of comfort. Dare I compare giving birth to the fear of skydiving. Once your body is ready and the blood is pumping your brain isn't thinking about pain or any little thing going on.

You don't care if you poop or that people are staring up your who. Your focus is on pushing and I promise you that you may be sore after but you forget about it so quickly when they hand you that baby. Trust me. My mom always told me if we remembered half of the stuff that comes with giving birth everyone would only have one child. You will all do great. Just stay positive. :
  • Options
    FTM here and I can totally relate.  My feelings change daily.  Some days I am scared to death and some days I'm super pumped because I want to meet my son and I'm so done being pregnant.  You will be fine!  When you are scared just think of all of us on this board that will be going through the exact same thing!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I look at it as one day that's probably going to suck, but ultimately it's still just one day with a tremendous pay-out at the end.  I can get through one day of suckiness.
    TTC #1 since April 2010
    BFP 4/18/12, M/C 4/27/12 at 6w6d
    BFP 7/1/12 - Counting down to our little girl, EDD 3/8/13
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"