Babies on the Brain
Options

Finding an OB

Just got married in Oct, and having baby thoughts...Not preggo yet. I just want to find a good dr. and have a regular check up etc.with the new dr. before we stop trying to prevent pregnancy. Right now I only see a NP for my lady business needs. Honestly, she is awesome and I would use her for anOB/GYN, except she is obviously not one :( So, how do you go about finding a good OB. I'm hesitant to ask for reccomendations from friends and collegues, because it's kind of private and I want to avoid office gossip as much a possible. haha, so I'll ask a bunch of strangers! How did you find your OB/GYN? Anyone live in the springfield MA (there is no western MA category on the boards...apparently MA only has two sections, Cape Cod and Boston...) and reccomend doctors? hospitals etc.? I know this is very early for me to worry about this, but I like to be prepared. Any input would be helpful. Thanks :)

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic 

baby development

Re: Finding an OB

• Options
    My first thought is to ask the NP you like.  I am sure she has a suggestion.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I used all my sources. The Internet was extremely helpful! Google "top rated OBGYN inSpringfield, MA" then google each doctor that comes up and look at the ratings and feedback from other patients. But it really is helpful to talk to other friends about it too, hearing personal experience is nice
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I called an office and they had an opening. I saw OB1 and hated her.  In 2009, I got pg and OB1 somehow got kicked out of the office and I ended up with an awesome OB2.  I love her and still have OB2 to this day. 

• Options
    I asked a friend if he and his wife liked her OB.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • Options
    thank you!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic 

baby development

• Options

I would start by doing some internet research. There are some great websites out there like ratemydoc that give you detailed reviews of different medical professionals.

I'd probably ask some friends who they see and ask the NP that you like. I'm sure she'll have a great recommendation for you.

• Options
    imageLexi58:
    I used all my sources. The Internet was extremely helpful! Google "top rated OBGYN inSpringfield, MA" then google each doctor that comes up and look at the ratings and feedback from other patients. But it really is helpful to talk to other friends about it too, hearing personal experience is nice

This.

I start with google or a referral from a friend/healthcare professional and then wean down the list based on patient reviews and searches on each specific doctor. Make sure the doctor hasn't been the subject of medical malpractice. Review both the doctor and the practice he/she is affiliated with to get a feel all around.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"