Two Under 2
Options

Baby toy timing

DS1 is 20 months and DS2 is due in 2 weeks. When do you suggest putting out baby toys? Is it better to put things like the swing out now so that DS1 gets used to seeing them, or wait until DS2 comes so that he associates those things with the baby and doesn't think they are his?

If it makes a difference, we didn't use a swing with DS 1, so it's not like it ever was his. But most of the rest of the things are hand-me-downs fromDS1.

Thanks for sharing your experience and advice. I'm excited to be joining the 2 under 2 crowd!

Re: Baby toy timing

• Options
    I had everything set up before she got here so that I could set the boundaries ahead of time while she still wasn't using them. I would tell DS that he couldn't touch the swing, or throw things in her crib etc, and I felt better about him **sort of** knowing that he couldn't mess with her stuff before she was actually in the swing or crib and he could hurt her.
  • Options
    I set everything up 2 weeks before DD2 was born, in part because it gave me time to remind DD1 (who was not quite 19 months) over and over that they weren't for climbing, but mostly because that's when my mom was here to help :P DD1 never really bothered with the baby gear except the bouncy seat, but she was really good about not climbing into it when DD2 was in it.
    Mama to two sweet girls
    DD1 Feb 2010
    DD2 Sept 2011

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    we had all the baby gear setup a couple weeks before due date as well. DS1 kinda looked and touched everything, but lost interest really quickly so he didn't even notice when DS2 joined in and was sleeping in the swing or pack n play at first.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"