April 2012 Moms
Options

blankets

are people using blankets on their LOs yet?  DS usually sleeps with a sleep sack on, but there have been a few nights when he's dozed off before we can get one on. Those nights, I've thrown a blanket over him as his room sometimes gets a little cool. We're past the time when they aren't supposed to have blankets, right?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: blankets

• Options
    We don't use one, but that's because she still fits in her sleep sack. I don't know what we'll do when she outgrows it. She moves so much at night, I'm not comfortable with her having a blanket, though I'm sure it's okay. She sleeps with one at daycare.
  • Options
    We've been using blankets since the fall.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We use one for naptime but we use a sleep sack at night because the blanket falls off.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

We use one every night.  Our house gets coooold and he sleeps in long-johns, fleece footed pjs, and then a fleece blanket.  We have 2 that I alternate and they're not super big so they won't get caught around him if he ends up rolling around. 

• Options
    DS2 moves around too much for a blanket. I put him in his sleep sack before his bedtime nursing session. DS1 did not use blankets until he switched to a toddler bed.
  • Options
    C sleeps with a blanket and has since around Christmas time.
  • Options
    We've been using a blanket for a couple of weeks.
  • Options
    We still use a sleep sack and I'm not sure when I started to use a blanket with my oldest, but I want to say it was well over a year old.

• Options

ummm Embarrassed I have been using blankets since she was born. 

DD sleeps with 3 blankets on her every night. Our house is cold in my opinion.  She and I play peek-a-boo and since she has no problem putting the blanket on and off of her face, I dont think she would have a problem any other time.

yikes, if only I had thought about this better, I could have had an FFFC

Aug 15 April Siggy challenge: Baby Shower fails:

BabyFetus Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

I have been using blakets too, and she actually has a teddy bear in the crib that she snuggles with, I think she thinks it is me holding her hand, but hey whatever works to get her to sleep! I also use the crib bumpers (yes I am fully aware of the statistics that my child will suffocate, however, she sleeps with her head up against the bumpers). I think it is all in what you feel comfortable doing, I can hear my daughter breathe on our monitor, so the slightest soud and I jump out of bed.

Also, DD has started sleeping on her stomatch with her butt up and her knees under her, she apparently is comfortable sleeping that way, has anyone else baby doing that??

• Options
    imagemkwt:

I have been using blakets too, and she actually has a teddy bear in the crib that she snuggles with, I think she thinks it is me holding her hand, but hey whatever works to get her to sleep! I also use the crib bumpers (yes I am fully aware of the statistics that my child will suffocate, however, she sleeps with her head up against the bumpers). I think it is all in what you feel comfortable doing, I can hear my daughter breathe on our monitor, so the slightest soud and I jump out of bed.

Also, DD has started sleeping on her stomatch with her butt up and her knees under her, she apparently is comfortable sleeping that way, has anyone else baby doing that??

I have been using a blanket since birth too. We used to swaddle her with arms out. Now we just leave the foot area open and wrap it around her whole body.

And yes, she's also been sleeping with her butt in the air...so cute. She's been sleeping on her stomach more. This is coming from a girl who loathed tummy time...who knew. 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    imagePeepp79:
    imagemkwt:

I have been using a blanket since birth too. We used to swaddle her with arms out. Now we just leave the foot area open and wrap it around her whole body.

And yes, she's also been sleeping with her butt in the air...so cute. She's been sleeping on her stomach more. This is coming from a girl who loathed tummy time...who knew. 

DD has been sleeping butt up since about 4 months. Sometimes her hands are tucked under her belly, too. So cute... maybe she's cold, lol, I guess I'll consider a blanket - much cheaper than having our heat cranked to 70* so her room can get to 65! 

• Options

Sometimes... Her room gets really hot.....

• Options
    We also went from swaddle to open blanket at a young age. He's also had his monkey blanket for a long time now. In fact, we were allowed to bring that to surgery for comfort. He loves that stupid thing! I believe the rule is nothing in the crib until after a year. Micah has his blanket, his monkey, his seahorse and his Scout all in his crib. I'm a terrible mother. It does make me laugh though when he turns one of those on in the middle of the night to help him go back to sleep. One of his soothing techniques is to smother himself while chewing on a blanket/stuffed animal. I've said it before. My kid is weird.
    Micah Leonard
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    We use blankets, since it turned cold... Maybe the fall? He also has a stuffed animal in his crib. No bumpers. He also sleeps on his stomach, butt in the air.
    Kellen 4.27.12 Miller 6.30.13 Baby #3 edd 9.7.15
  • Options
    We've used blankets since birth too. He was in a pack and play next to me for the first six months. By the time he was alone in his crib, he was rolling, scorching and pulling up. Now we have stuffed animals in the crib too (he's 10 months old). 
    IVF #1- Chemical Pregnancy FET #1- PREGNANT!!! Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

We use sleep sacks because he rolls all over the place at night. No change a blanket would stay on him. I think DD was over 2 before she slept in the same place enough to be able to use a blanket.

I am thinking about getting him a nice fuzzy blanket and trying to introduce it as a lovey. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Nope.  Not yet.  Her room stays warm and she wears a fleece sleeper.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    We don't plan to use one til 2y.o. They sleep in a fleece sleeper with a onesie the house is set at 72deg., do no need. They're one now, I still just don't feel comfortable with a blanket in bed with them.
  • Options
    imagemkwt:

I thought I was the only one that used bumpers! I tried not to use them when she started rolling but within 5 minutes had arms and legs out and was screaming.  Ive never seen her with her face against them in the morning.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"