December 2011 Moms
Options

A few fairly dumb questions about diapers

Next month we're going on vacation, and between our cruise and the extra time we're taking in San Francisco we'll be gone close to three weeks. We use cloth diapers, and I thought about just using them on our trip, but because we'll be gone so long and I have no idea what to expect laundry-wise (not to mention I'd like to spend my time relaxing - not doing laundry) I think it's just going to be easier to buy some disposables.

My questions are:

1. Roughly how many diapers per day are does your LO use? I'm using 6-8 cloth diapers but I change DS pretty often, and I'm not really sure if disposables should be changed more or less frequently.

2. What brands are your favorites? 

3. Do you use different diapers over night vs. during the day? If so, what brands? 

OHM born 12/16/11, BAM born 1/10/14, mmc 06/30/15
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: A few fairly dumb questions about diapers

• Options

1 - I'd say 6-8 is a good average - I haven't really counted in awhile!

2 - Pampers

3 - We use Pampers 24/7.  When E first started STTN last month, he would wake up around 4-5am covered in pee.  I used Pampers Overnights for two nights, and E got a horrible diaper rash. I'm talking blood and special, extra thick paste to clear up.  I know a few other babies have had a similar experience. 

If you do decide to use disposables on the trip, I recommend trying them out before you go.  Sometimes LO can have reactions to diapers, and I'd want to find that out before rather than halfway through a cruise with no access to strong diaper rash cream.

We always bring enough diapers for the road and first day or two, then just buy diapers when we get there. It is one less thing to pack, and take up space in our car!

ETA: E is about 24lbs and 33in and wears size 4.

laying down the law on Oahu's North Shore

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    We typically CD, but use disposables for travel.

1. Roughly how many diapers per day are does your LO use? I use more like 5-6 CDs a day and would use about the same in disposables. I wouldn't worry about this too much. If you run out, you can always get more.

2. What brands are your favorites? I try to use disposables that are a bit more "green" than standard disposables. I usually get Seventh Generation, if I can't find them I look for Huggies Pure & Natural, and if I can't find those I buy normal Huggies. DD1 had a horrible reaction to Pampers, so I stay far away from them.

3. Do you use different diapers over night vs. during the day? If so, what brands? I use the same brand. Occasionally my daughter has had slightly damp PJs in the morning, but nothing significant.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

1. I would estimate 8 per day.

2. Pampers Baby Dry  (day) and Huggies Overnight (night)

3. Yes - when he started leaking through at night we made the switch (DD uses the same at night too).

***I would say bring enough diapers for the cruise and then buy the rest you'll need when you're back in the US.  The less diapers to pack - the better! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

Thanks, ladies. I'm sure I'm overthinking this. It's kind of my thing :-)

My intention is to buy enough diapers so that I can try them out, and have enough for the plane ride plus a couple days worth. I don't want to take 2 weeks+ worth of diapers on the plane! We're spending 4 days in California before leaving on our cruise so I'll probably buy the rest while we're in San Fransisco.

Also, I appreciate the info about size - I didn't even think about that. DS has been in one size CD's since he was 3 weeks old! I feel like I'm asking such newbie questions, but I'm really feeling clueless about something that should be simple!

OHM born 12/16/11, BAM born 1/10/14, mmc 06/30/15
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

1.  I use 2 at home and usually 4-5 at DC.  I change him first thing in the morning and then he gets a nighttime diaper after his bath.  DC changes him right before I pick him up.

2.  I use Luvs during the day and Huggies overnights.   

• Options
    1. 6 usually
    2. Pampers Cruisers sz 4
    3. Use the cruisers at night too
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    We probably use about 6 a day,  she's in Pampers Cruisers (size 3), 24/7.
    ~*Kimberly*~

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
  • Options
    imagechristinesb19:

My questions are:

1. Roughly how many diapers per day are does your LO use?
    I think we use about 8-10 a day, but she is in DC and they change do her more often then when we are at the house.

2. What brands are your favorites? 
    We only use Pampers Baby Dry - currently size 3 (she is about 18ish lbs). I really like the way the baby dry fits her and I can't remember the last time we had a blow out, so we stick with 'em.

3. Do you use different diapers over night vs. during the day? If so, what brands? 
    NA

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"