Washington Babies
Options

Mill Creek Moms, in need of two things ...

I am due in April, and looking around for two things.

First: I still need a Pediatrician.  I usually go to the Everett Clinic, but am open to other suggestions.

Second: Are there any good new mom groups in the area?

Re: Mill Creek Moms, in need of two things ...

• Options

Take a look at my post when I asked for pedi. recs a lil while ago. I was asking in a similar area. We ended up going with woodinville pedi., but not sure if that's further than you'd wanna go.

I don't know of any mom groups. we just had a baby 3 weeks ago and I'm in NE Bothell 

Nestie Bio | ILL-INI!! | Felica Fibro - a fibromyalgia site
                 imageimageimageimage
  • Options

gakester8: congratulations! I was thinking whether you have had your baby yet just the other day. Hope you and the baby are doing great!

OP: I live in Mill Creek as well. I am due March 10th with a baby girl. We are interviewing Pediatric Associates (Totem Lake branch) this week and if all goes well, we plan to go with them. I have a friend who is a pediatrician herself but she is moving her practice out of state. She suggested Ballard Pediatricians (which is way too far for me) and Pediatric Associates, specifically Dr. Ginsberg. She is not accepting new patients as I found out this week so I am interviewing another Ped at the same location..

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    There's Stroller Strides in Mill Creek and Northend Moms on the Go on Meetup.com.
  • Options
    imagehoneydew01:

gakester8: congratulations! I was thinking whether you have had your baby yet just the other day. Hope you and the baby are doing great!

Thanks!  We are both doing well expect struggling with BFing. I had a natural labor and birth with second degree tearing but it has healed well.

imageimageimageimage
  • Options
    Congrats Gakester! Are you working with an IBCLC to help with the breastfeeding issues? It can sometimes take a few months to get the hang of things. You should post your birth story!
  • Options

Glad to hear you're doing well..I'm nervous about the labor part as I don't know what to expect...

As far as breastfeeding, I hope things start to work out for you. We are hoping to breastfeed too and I've read that the first 2-3 weeks can be very challenging...Hanging in there..

• Options

imageKathzoo:
    Congrats Gakester! Are you working with an IBCLC to help with the breastfeeding issues? It can sometimes take a few months to get the hang of things. You should post your birth story!

Yes, we've seen the LC at Evergreen 6-7 times already! Fenugreek didn't help me, so I just started taking regulan today to try to help with my supply, as that is part of the problem. I just posted my birth story for ya =) 

imageimageimageimage
  • Options
    imagehoneydew01:

Glad to hear you're doing well..I'm nervous about the labor part as I don't know what to expect...

As far as breastfeeding, I hope things start to work out for you. We are hoping to breastfeed too and I've read that the first 2-3 weeks can be very challenging...Hanging in there..

thanks! feel free to ask me any ?s about labor and I'll try to answer them when I can. Are you using a doula? I'd highly suggest that if its feasible. 

imageimageimageimage
  • Options
    Who was your doula?
  • Options

imageKathzoo:
    Who was your doula?

debra shelden - she ws great! 

imageimageimageimage
  • Options

I live in Mill Creek, and am also due in April.  Like you, I also go to the Everett Clinic.  The Mill Creek office has the most pediatricians in our area (compared to the Silver Lake office at least).  I did a meet and greet and liked the feel of the office, but did not like the doctor.  A friend of mine recommended Providence Mill Creek (by the Mill Creek Fred Meyer), to see Dr. Suzuki (a female), but that office does not do meet-and-greets, so you wouldn't be able to meet her in advance.  Another friend of mine sees Jeff Bissey at the Everett Clinic and likes him, I'm just not sure if we want a male or female.  I've also heard good things about Woodinville Pediatrics, but my husband and I both work full-time and are hoping to find one closer to the house.

Good luck! 

• Options
    Hey congrats, we are in the Mill Creek area too. We take DS to Dr. Bissey at the Everett Clinic. He is fantastic, as is Dr. Tamarin who we have seen a few times. If you call you can do a Dr. meet and greet before you make any decisions. Secondly, you should check out the  parent/baby classes at Evergreen hospital (you don't have to deliver there to go). They are free for moms and babies 0-3 months. I met a lot of moms there and got tons of tips. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"