Maryland Babies
Options

Where to buy kids' furniture?

We need to get a twin bed for DS, and hopefully a matching dresser. I have looked online at Target and Walmart who both have a few options, but I'm guessing DH is going to want to look at an actual store. Any suggestions? We're not looking to spend a ton on this stuff, but we don't want crap either!

BFP#1: 01/10, M/C 6w
BFP#2: 06/10, M/C 5w
BFP#3: 09/10, DS born June 1, 2011
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP#4: 07/12, M/C 5w3d
BFP#5: 12/12, EDD 08/18/13
Pregnancy Ticker

My Blog: Decorate This

Re: Where to buy kids' furniture?

• Options
  • Options

imageKathrynMD:
    Ikea!

Yep! That is where we got DS1's bed. when DS2 moves to a twin bed we will probably get his there too.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I gotta say Ikea, too. Their Hemnes line of dressers is awesome, inexpensive and durable. They're in both nurseries right now and hoping they last until they are older and get their real "big kid" furniture.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Someone's getting a little brother!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I do love the Ikea dressers (we have one in DS's room now), I just wish they had a better selection of beds!

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options

imageKathrynMD:
    Ikea!

This 100%.

• Options
    We just bought DD2's crib and dresser from Kids Furniture Warehouse in Gwynn Oak.  A good bit of their stuff is more expensive than we were looking for but we were able to find floor models that were on sale and saved a ton of money!  Good luck.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    We are getting the Hemnes set from Ikea in White...a lot of their stuff can be mixed and matched.  Are you getting toddler furniture or staright to bigger kid stuff?
    image DD#1-Lillian (Lilly) Grace BabyFruit Ticker BLOG:http://lifeasweknowitkelly.blogspot.com/
  • Options

imageBunintheOven311:
    We are getting the Hemnes set from Ikea in White...a lot of their stuff can be mixed and matched.  Are you getting toddler furniture or staright to bigger kid stuff?

I think we are going straight to big kid stuff (normal twin bed - we'll add rails of course). I *wish* the Hemnes twin bed came in black-brown and I would buy it in a second!! But it only comes in white and I want to get wood toned stuff for DS this time.

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options

We went to Bratt Decor- I know, I know...full price it's insanely expensive - BUT the outlet is in Baltimore!! And they are constantly having floor model sales on the already reduced outlet merchandise, bringing the furniture to really affordable prices

imageBabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"