Two Under 2
Options

Nervous about 2 under 2!

Our son will be a year and 9 months when our 2nd baby is born in October and I'm so nervous! This pregnancy was planned, we wanted to go ahead and have baby 2 so I can have a hysterectomy endometriosis. But chasing around this 13 mth old critter now is exhausting, how will I handle it when I'm even more pregnant?! Or when we have a nb? I'm also afraid that he will feel neglected or not get enough attention when the new baby gets here. Any advice?
**Freddy** BabyFetus Ticker image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image

Re: Nervous about 2 under 2!

• Options

Mine are 20.5 months apart, so I was right where you are not too long ago, and nervous as heck!!  1st tri exhaustion is no joke, but I was able to get through it, mostly because I just had to!  LOL  I was pg over a very hot summer here, and I still tried to take DS to the playground so he could run around & climb, feed the ducks, etc even when I was 8 months pg.  As your LO gets older & more independent, it does get easier.  DS was too young to understand the concept of having a sibling, but we tried to prepare him.  There will be tantrums, both because of the adjustment and just the age, but that gets better with time too.  I don't feel that DS has ever felt neglected, per se, but there are times when I have to tell him that I have to change DD or give her a bath or whatever so he has to wait.  They're so young, and they'll never remember a time when they didn't have a sibling, and they won't remember ever feeling like they weren't getting enough attention.  You do your best, newborn stage is nothing more than survival mode (even moreso with a nb & toddler!) and that's all you can do!  It really is great having them so close, and I understand the nervousness, but it will be OK!

H & H 9 months to you!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Just went to the doctor today to confirm baby number two!  DS will be 16 months when his brother or sister is born.  We are thrilled, blessed, and excited, but the prospect of 2 under 2 is a bit daunting!  I'm also due with number 2 in October!!  :)
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Don't beat yourself up.

Don't spend your whole pregnancy stressing.

Enjoy your time with him now.

The day after I was discharged from the hospital,  I pumped some milk and left the new LO at home for an hour and took DS to go get some ice cream. He loved it. I try to do this 2 times a week (not ice cream, just go somewhere alone with him), and it really helps him get through the times that I have to split my attention.

Also, he LOVES his little sister. He loves holding her, helping out, etc,  so once the LO is here, you'll just smile and all the rough patches will be worth it.

• Options
    No advice, I'm right there with you due in October. Our LOs will be 18 months apart. We had planned on TTC in a few months, but I believe breastfeeding threw my cycle off, so here we are! I am excited at the thought of them being so close, but also very nervous. Good luck to you and a h&h 9 months!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I was just reading an article by a child psychologist yesterday where they were explaining that in their studies it seems children do better with a sibling when they are less than 2 years apart or over 4 years apart. The less than 2 years was explained in that they don't have as many resentment or jealousy issues because they don't have memories of a time before lo#2 came around. I thought that was interesting and made sense.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"