TTC after 35

Fert Report :)

I feel like such a PW, but I just got the call from my dr's office.

Out of the 14 eggs retrieved yesterday, 10 were mature, 3 almost mature, and 1 totally immature.  They did ICSI on 13.  10 fertilized normally.  Oh my goodness.

When the nurse called, I thought she said "10 did NOT fertilize normally".  I started bawling hysterically.  She panicked and started reassuring me and clarified.  That was so scary.  I still can't stop crying now - probably out of relief.  I know we aren't out of the woods yet, but we made it this far.  Now, we just wait to hear on Friday if we transfer then or on Sunday. 

ETA:  I'm such an idiot.  The embryologist just called to give me the full report.  I asked if the embryos looked happy.  Sheesh.  Now I've embarrassed myself.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Fert Report :)

• Great fert report! You must be so happy. Grow, embies, grow!
  • Yay!  This has been an emotional and physically demanding couple of days so no wonder you had that response :) That is such great news - take a deep breath and thinking happy thoughts about your embies :)
    Me: 37 DH: 37 TTC since Jan 2012. RE consult and initial testing done in Aug 2012: SA fine, AMH 1.1 & HSG clear - on way to IUI but got BFP on 9/10/2012. m/c 10/3/2012 at 6w5d. BFP next cycle which was a c/p. IUI #1: Clomid 100mg 12/6= BFN. IUI#2 (unmedicated) Jan 2013 = BFN. Hysteroscopy 1/25/13. IUI#3 Clomid 100mg 2/23 = BFN IUI# 4: BFN. IVF #1 April 2013, BFP!  EDD 1/12/14 with Boy!
  • Loading the player...
  • How exciting, LilBuddy.  10 is such a great number!  I can understand the rollercoaster of emotions in these times.  FX that all will be well.  Good luck on your transfer.

By the way, your question is pretty cute, yeah.....who wouldn't want to know, that their embryos are happy.  Lol....too cute.  I am sure the embryologists smiled after that question.  :)  

Wishing you the best..... 

Lilypie Trying to Conceive 15 to 80 day cycle tickers
  • What a great report!

I bet you made that embryologist's day asking if they were happy, LOL. 

AMA & SAIF. TTC #1 since Oct. 2010. DX: Unexplained. BFP on break after 32 months trying and 2 med cycles. Baby girl born at 40w0d!

Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

jbelle

• that is fantastic news!  I am sure you are so full of so many emotions! Keep us posted!
    ***siggy/ticker warning***

Me:36 DH:38 TTC#1 since 4/2012
    Me DX: Hashimotos,Hypothyroid, DOR, MTHFR,  DH: normal

IUI #1-#4 BFNs and a few cancelled cycles in the mix.
    - poor responder
    ***Suprise BFP on 6/13/13. Natural MC @6wks 3days
    IVF#1 and 2- Cancelled due to no response on max stimms
    FET 5/20- BFP
    1st Beta- 641
    2nd beta- 2166
    Sono- TWINS!!!!
    Two Boys! Born January 2015 @36 weeks.  Healthy and no NICU!  So blessed!

• Sounds great! 10! 

What was your protocol? And how many days did you stim?  

• imagePPL2011:

Sounds great! 10! 

What was your protocol? And how many days did you stim?  

I did a standard Lupron protocol. I did BCPs and then 10 units of Lupron every morning until my baseline suppression check. Then I lowered my Lupron to 5 every morning and did Gonal F at night. I responded really strongly to Gonal F. I started off at 300 dosage and was quickly ramped down and "coasted" at the end - 75 dosage. I did Gonal F for 9 days before my Ovidrel shot. My E2 ended up being above 5000 at retrieval and I'm taking meds to prevent OHSS right now.

• Great news 10-4 !!

ME:46 MH:44 DE IVF 2014
    Met with RE 4/11. 2 IUI's BFN. DE best option. Switched clinics to do "shared" program. Had to retake all tests and a mamm that put me behind and then on a DE waiting list for 12 months. Picked a donor!! (10/13/13) Got matched. Estimated transfer in December. After 2.5 years of patiently waiting I will finally cycle....can hardly believe it. DE cycle got cancelled. One of her tests came back positive.  Waiting for another donor. Donor picked!! (1/18/14)

DE IVF #1 (4/26) BFN  DE FET #1 (6/4) BFP! Beta 1=339 Beta 2=852 Beta 3=9957 EDD 2/22/15!!

imageimage 
         image   imageimage

• I'm not really knowledgable about how all of this works yet, but this sounds like great news!!  Good luck to you!!!  I would get emotional too.  :)
    Me:41, DH:41 Positive for MTHFR mutations- one copy C677T, one copy A1298C. One daughter born on Thanksgiving in 2013. Six losses.
  • Wow, that sounds like great news.  10 is a fabulous number from what I am learning here on the bump.  I hope those embies grow & you get to transfer this weekend.  Fingers & toes crossed for you...  Keep us posted. 
  • Excellent news!!  Grow embries grow!!
    TTC since 10/09 Me-43 DH-44 RE and testing 10/10-11/10, Recommending IVF 1/11 New RE AMA and DOR-DH low motility IVF #1.1 cancelled 3/11 due to poor response IVF #1.2 May 2011, one perfect 8-cell embryo, 3dt-BFN, IVF #2.1 Converted to IUI d/t poor response. New RE 9/2011. IVF 2.2 completed using HGH,EPP,DHEA, Q-10 and accupuncture. Transferred one 8-cell, grade one embryo on 10/19. BFP 10/31/11 Chemical pregancy on 11/2/11. Started stims for IVF #3, our final try, on 12-2-11. ET on 12/18. Transferred 3 Grade A embryos-BFFN Planning DE IVF, late March/early April- Donors ER expected to be 4/2-4/4. PAIF/SAIF welcome
  • *ticker*

Great news! GL at transfer! 

Me: 38, PCOS/ DH: 37

DD born 12.21.09, conceived w/ injects and IUI

TTC#2 since Nov 2011

BFP 2.6.12 m/c 6w5d | BFP 5.25.12 c/p

-Back to the RE-

3 medicated IUIs, all BFN

-Taking a break from treatment-

BFP 11.20.12 ~ EDD 7.28.13

image image

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

My Chart
  • Good luck! Hope they grow grow!

My Ovulation Chart

Me: 41 DH: 46. We are TTC our 1st, started July '11,
    3 cycles clomid with Ob,
    1 cycle Tamoxifen with Ob,
    Diagnosed PCOS 11/5/12
    clomid, trigger & timed bd 12/12 BFN
    1st clomid IUI 1/4/13 BFN.
    2nd clomid IUI 2/13 cancelled didn't respond to clomid.
    3/15/13 scheduled laparoscopy & on bcp.

May 10 IUI from injectibles - BFN 

May 22 done with interventions it will either happen or it won't. 

February 2014 No longer actively trying, but not preventing. 

SURPISE BFP 4/2/2015!!!!!!!!!!

Miscarriage 4/23/15

• We needed some good news on this board, so happy for you!
    Photobucket Me:36 DH: 34 TTC since 02/2012, not preventing since 2010. Me: testing came back good. DH: dx: MIF low count/motility. RE recommends IVF with ICSI. Update: DH just diagnosed with severe Crohn's disease, so any IF treatment is on hold :(
  • Great news! 10 fertilizing is great, how many will you transfer?
    TTC since 3/2010. Me 41, DH-49. After 3 years, 6 IUIs and several IVFs we have finally have our beautiful baby girl, born on 11/7/13.

• imageirishgirl0525:
    Great news! 10 fertilizing is great, how many will you transfer?

Depending on the grade, we'll transfer two or three.  I'm anxiously waiting for tomorrow's call.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"