C-sections

Surgical Glue Sticky & Ab question

Hi Ladies,

2 Questions 

I am 3.5 weeks out from my c-section.  I was sealed up with surgical glue.  The incision seems to be healing well.  Recently I have noticed that my 'fold' has been sticking to itself.  The incision lays right in the skin crease under my belly.  Whenever I get up I have to 'un-stick' it before I get moving.  Is this normal?

My other question is about abs.  I am now able to contract the abs on my upper belly.  I can tighten them to the point where it lifts my belly. I can also contract my lower abs, but am afraid to because I worry about my internal stitches. I go for my 4 week appointment next week, but thought I would see if anyone else had experience with this. . Should I avoid doing this just yet?  

Re: Surgical Glue Sticky & Ab question

• I also had the glue with my first. Do you mean it sticks because of the glue? That won't go away until the glue wears off. Also, my Dr. only did a 6w check up (I thought that was the general rule for healing, etc). They told me NOT to do ANY abdominal exercises before they made sure my abs were closed back together because, they said, a lot of people they've seen do so created this horrific looking abnormal bulging because the abs have not yet returned to their normal position.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"