December 2011 Moms
Options

Anyone have lactation probs still?

I stopped pumping when E was 2 months old. I had to quit cold turkey because of some major postpartum depression issues. I had engorgement problems and ended up getting mastitis. What the problem is that a year later I am still lactating. Not a lot, but if I would squeeze my boobs (TMI, I know) I can get a decent amount of milk. Does anyone else have this problem? To make it more complicated the OBGYN that I saw when I was preg with E has moved her practice and I have been dragging my feet when finding another one.
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Anyone have lactation probs still?

• Options
    I can still squeeze milk too and I stopped nursing over 6 months ago.  As long as it's not causing you discomfort (like clogged ducts or engorgement), I think it's fine.
    AVT - 12.2.11

LCT - 5.15.14 ~ 9lbs, 22.5 inches

• Options
    I quit 3 months ago and I still get milk in one boob but not the other. The things they never tell you...
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have heard that a small percentage of people lactate for up to a year and even a few lactate for life! I would still ask a dr about it though.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    So glad I'm not alone!  I still leak when I'm holding C and she leans against my chest and also during sex.  I stopped pumping 4 months ago.  My annual OB appointment is next week, so I'm going to ask him about it then.  It's ironic because I struggled to keep up my supply the whole time I was nursing and pumping.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"