LGBT Parenting
Options

TTT

Alright!! What's going in this week? It's Ten Things Tuesday!

I will post mine later, but wanted to throw this one up early today!

Baby Hayden Frances born 12/20/14 at 11:11 a.m...  Our perfect little miracle.  Here's how we got here:

My lovely wife:

5 IUI's January 2013-June 2013- 3 Cycles with Clomid- BFN

Myself: Genderqueer guy who hopped in the driver's seat of the baby making train

IUI #6- 7/23- Monitored and Trigger on Day 12, with one 16mm follicle and one 18mm follicle- BFN

IUI #7- 8/21- Not monitored, 50mg Clomid- BFN

September and October: Missed Cycles due to vacation and a Half Marathon

IUI #8- Monitored and triggered on day 15, with one 23x18mm follicle- BFN on 11/19/2013

December:  Moved onto to see an RE to make a good plan.

IUI #9- 1/1/2014 Natural Cycle, BFP on 1/15/2014,  6W Ultra-Sound Reveals nothing in Gestation Sack... Natural M/C at 7W, 2/3/2014

IUI #10 3/21/2014- Natural Cycle- BFP on 4/1/2014 (please don't be an April Fools.  Beta #1 13dpiui- 48, Beta #2 16dpiui- 416, Beta #3 1018...

1st Ultrasound- 4/22/2014- 6w4d HB- 134!

Check out my Blog at: http://pregnantboithinksoutloud.blogspot.com/ 

Re: TTT

• Options

1. I haven't posted in a while, it seems like the weeks are just flying by - Kaden is already 7 months old... I can hardly believe it....

2. It's a little difficult typing this from my laptop at home because my "h" key is broken, due to letting K play "grabbly grabbly" (which is what we call his grabbing everything) with my key board Stick out tongue

3. Every time I do glance back at this board it seems to have grown which is so exciting!!

4. Life has been hectic to say the least, but K is great, already crawling a few "crawls" and rolling and lunging around.  I am telling myself today is the day to get the gate up on the stairs... He is the most amazing little person and EV and I are thrilled everyday that this little being joined our family.

5. I'm back at work 80% time ( a new/old job), for a nonprofit that I worked for years ago, and started volunteering at once a week in the Fall.  The Director called me one day (the day after I launched my daycare business - ironically enough) and offered me a job working weekends and a couple days a week. So I'm doing childcare during the week and working weekends at the nonprofit. 

6. Number 5 is a little crazy and I'm not sure how long I can keep this pace up.

7. EV and I have been talking about #2, we originally planned to start trying this summer when K turned 1... I'm now a little beside myself thinking I could be PG again in a few months. Not that I didn't love it, but work stuff still being figured out, and K just getting mobile it seems like a too much

8. There are a few other factors influencing #7, one of which is I'm breastfeeding and still haven't had a "." which hey I'm not complaining, but makes TTC impossible.  Also I want to spend time with K while he grows up a little more - BUT I'm weighing that against my age and I just turned 36.  

9. EV and I are also talking maybe IVF for #2 with her egg and me carrying... It is such a daunting endeavor but I would love to meet a little EV one day.  

10. K is not falling asleep despite the mediation music I have going in the background so I'm going to pick him up and try again in a few.  Hope everyone has a great day.  I'll try to get back here more.

• Options

1) there are so many new people on here i feel like an outcast

2) i have not been here in a long time

3) girls are getting big and I just wish we they had more communication skills - too much to expect from 19month olds?

4) I think i tweaked my self when i helped my uncle get back in to his house after he locked himself out .. climbing up a later on to a 2nd story might not be a good idea 

5) i love my new hairs cut - its short short 

6)  i am so itchy lately and my skin is buring a ezcema flair up UGG

7) i am glad work is a lil slow but I need to keep busy 

8) parents are coming in a few and I should tidy up the house .. Having win girls means clothes everywhere and they are only 19month whats gonna happ when they are 14years UGG

9) still have baby #3 on my mind but I think I will wait till I am 40 is that ridiculous?

10) I'm hungry

- 2 Moms 2 Twins Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    our Blog -http://dosbabies.wordpress.com/
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

1. I'm super tired and cranky today

2. My reason for being cranky is because DW's family are a bunch of a-holes. We had a niece and nephew yesterday and while we had them, they randomly told us that their cousin (wife's brother's kids) told them that two girls can't get married. I posted on facebook that I wish people would teach love and not hate. Apparently, this pissed off the mother of the kids we had with us enough to talk to my wife alone. I can not STAND her family. This is the same sister that we have to give a baby shower next month. Personally, I don't want to spend money on her....

3. If you don't like what I put on facebook, DON'T READ IT. Right?

4. I need an all-expense paid vacation to somewhere far away from our families, STAT

5. Number 2 & 3 are the reasons we aren't telling anyone in our families (except my mom and our sister-in-law) that we are TTC. I don't need negativity in this journey and refuse to accept it.

6. Speaking of TTC, I am charting like crazy this cycle and even started checking with OPK. Unfortunately, I missed my surge this month, but now I know for next month.

7. DW and I have been able to pay off several bills and once our taxes come, we'll be able to pay off most of our debt (except my student loans)

8. Number 7 is the goal we had to complete before starting to TTC

9. I have a herniated disc that I tweaked when I was working out- joy...

10. Did I mention that I am cranky today? 

Married my soulmate on 10.1.11; One furbaby, Emma the cat; Madly in love and Just starting our journey on the TTC path! Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • Options

1. Got to see the baby yesterday on screen and hear the strong heartbeat and I am getting super excited/more comfortable with being pregnant

2. Related to #2, I went shopping for maternity pants and I'll just put it out there: it was kind of a disaster. Sigh.

3. Still flying solo this week. S is traveling through Friday. 

4.  Working my 2nd job (which I've had for 18 months) is starting to get harder. I knew my days were numbered with being pregnant, but I have mixed feelings about quitting it. I still have to reach my goal of getting all my debt paid off (~April 15th). Its getting close!

5. Our house is going up on the market next Tuesday. I'm also getting excited about this! I'm hoping to be in a new house by mid summer. 

6. My eating habits have gone down the tubes since feeling very sick. Basically I'm eating a lot of grilled cheese sandwiches. It's totally weird that it's one of the only things I can eat. 

7. Work is better, but even with yesterday off, I think I'm going to take Friday off too. Why can't every work place have Mental Health days?

8.  I'm super missing S right now. She's been so great to me over the last few weeks and I feel super bonded to her right now.

9. We have a few concerts coming up in the next couple of weeks that I'm getting excited about. Now to decide if we're going to Bonnaroo this summer - lineup was announced today

10. Overall good mood today, which is great because I'm been feeling a little like a monster since about week 4. :) 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    1. We had our anatomy scan on Valentine's day and are happy to announce that we are team blue!

2. Everything else looked perfect and baby was even measuring a few days ahead! Two very happy mommas here!

3. We can't believe that we're half way through this pregnancy. We are completely in love with our boy already!

4. Aside from all happy baby related news, we have hit a pretty serious financial bump. We're trying to make the best of it, but it looks like a few things are going to have to stay as they are for a while longer.

5. Because of 4, we won't be able to move until much closer to the due date. This terrifies me. I know its going to feel like we're throwing everything together at the very last minute, and to be honest, we will be. I'm a planner so this makes me extremely anxious.

6. I'm really tired of this freezing cold weather. Can spring come now?

7. I have no idea what I'm going to make for dinner. Chicken and... Something..?

8. I did a complete scrub down of the kitchen a few days ago. It's sparkly clean now! If I could only muster up theenergy to do the living room and bathroom.

9. I think its time for a snack.

10. Have a great week!

Sorry for formating and errors. I'm mobile bumping.
    *BFP #1-10/20/2012 EDD 7/4/2013*
    *DS 6/28/2013*
  • Options
    imagesongbird31:

1. Got to see the baby yesterday on screen and hear the strong heartbeat and I am getting super excited/more comfortable with being pregnant

This is great news!!! 

Married my soulmate on 10.1.11; One furbaby, Emma the cat; Madly in love and Just starting our journey on the TTC path! Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • Options

imagejennicole85:
    1. We had our anatomy scan on Valentine's day and are happy to announce that we are team blue! 2. Everything else looked perfect and baby was even measuring a few days ahead! Two very happy mommas here!  .

Congratulations!!! 

• Options

1. I am sort of freaking out right now, I thought my surge would come this weekend but it looks like it is going to hit me today as I have a faint line. This is surprising as I am usually very regular...well...I was regular until my first IUI and things started to go wonky.

2. I started charting my temp this cycle and it makes no sense to me. 

3. I am feeling like a bit of a dummy and unsure of my ability to TTC...I feel like it should be easier to chart everything and predict what's happening. 

4. C and I went out of town this weekend to visit my parents for my Dad's birthday. We didn't come back until yesterday and I feel like my week is completely thrown off and its only tuesday. 

5. I have made it my goal to get both cars worked on (oil changes and a recall fix on my car) this week and this makes me happy as they REALLY need it. 

6. I too am totally done with winter, we have hardwood floors and the dogs are tracking mud and snow everywhere! ARG! 

7. I am feeling very overwhelmed today...I don't know if you all can tell.

8. A good friend of ours just got engaged and I am super pumped!!!! Lucky for us she is waiting a while for the wedding because we will have to really save to go to the wedding since she lives in England and that is where the wedding will be. 

9. I had a really great time with my parents this weekend...they are truly great people. 

10. I feel like everywhere I look I see babies!!!! 

Queer coupled and having a BABY with the love of my life! Love my life and wouldn't have it any other way!
    First IUI 1/22/2013 BFN: 2/7/2013, Second IUI 2/21/2013 BFN: 3/9/2013, Third IUI 4/23/2013 BFN: 5/8/2013, Fourth IUI 5/24/2013 BFN: 6/7/2013, Fifth IUI 6/24/2013 BFN: 7/8/2013

C began IUI's
    7/23/2013 C's first IUI BFN, 8/21/2013 C's second IUI BFN , Took a break in September and October, 11/05/2013 C's 3rd IUI (TWW...we meet again...) BFN, Took off the month to switch to an RE. 01/01/2014 C's 4th IUI...BFP!!!!!!!! Beta #1- 17, Beta #2- 34, Beta #3-140....  6W Ultra-Sound Reveals nothing in Gestation Sack... Natural M/C at 7W, 2/3/2014

03/21/2014 IUI #10...BFP!!! Beta #1- 48, Beta #2- 416, Beta #3- 1018. GROW BABY GROW!!!

1st Ultrasound 4/22/2014 Baby Squints is PERFECT! Measuring at 6w2d with a heartbeat of 129. EDD: 12/12/14.

Ultrasound at 18 weeks on 7/14/2014. Baby is healthy and growing just as she should!

Check out my blog at: http://journeytoparenthoodandmakingmilk.blogspot.com/

• Options
    imagepolyhymnia23:

imagejennicole85:
    1. We had our anatomy scan on Valentine's day and are happy to announce that we are team blue!

2. Everything else looked perfect and baby was even measuring a few days ahead! Two very happy mommas here!  .

Congratulations!!! 

Thank you!

I hope your mood improves and you don't feel cranky tomorrow!
    *BFP #1-10/20/2012 EDD 7/4/2013*
    *DS 6/28/2013*
  • Options
    imagefirstcomeslove2013:

1. I am sort of freaking out right now, I thought my surge would come this weekend but it looks like it is going to hit me today as I have a faint line. This is surprising as I am usually very regular...well...I was regular until my first IUI and things started to go wonky.

2. I started charting my temp this cycle and it makes no sense to me. 

3. I am feeling like a bit of a dummy and unsure of my ability to TTC...I feel like it should be easier to chart everything and predict what's happening. 

I know just how you feel.  I have been feeling overwhelmed too.  I just keep telling myself that just relax about it.  I hope that things get better for you :-)  

T & G My wife and I married 9/10/11 in Niagara Falls, NY
    HSG 12/12/12        
    #1 ICI 12/15/12              BFN on 12/29/12
    #2 ICI  1/11/13                BFN 1/28/13                       
    #3 ICI 2/11/13                 BFN

#4 ICI August 2013,  Clomid 100mg    BFN on 8/30/13 
    #5 ICI September-Clomid 100,  mg ICI 8/15 and 8/16,  BFN on 9/3
    #6 ICI October-Clomid 150 mg for 5 days   BFN 10/27
    uterine laparoscopy on 11/14-no endo or cysts
    #7 IUI December-Clomid 150mg    BFP 12/21
    12/23 Beta 51     12/26 Beta 209!
    First ultrasound on January 8th 2014-great healthy heartbeat
    Second Ultrasound January 23 (8 weeks) we got to see and hear the heartbeat
    Third Ultrasound Feb 4th(10 weeks), then will  released to OBGYN'
    It's a GIRL!
    We welcomed Adalyn Cooper Elizabeth on 8/29/14
    She was 7lbs 11oz and 19.6 inches long

Proud foster parents to two little girls ages 2.5 yrs old, M,  and 1 year old, K

• Options

1. My days are all messed up this week because my wife didn't work yesterday.  It was nice to spend a three day weekend together.

2. Friday we celebrated our Valentine's Day, we went to dinner and went to a local comedy club.  It was a lot of fun and very inexpensive.  My wife loves Groupon and is good at getting deals.  

3. I am really tired of winter, the snow is pretty, but I hate the cold!

4. I made the best dinner last night.  It was a recipe that I found on Pinteret and it tastes just like the Four Cheese Ziti from Olive Garden.  

5. I am looking forward to our appointment with the RE on March 7th

6. Our roommate had surgery on her foot on Friday and is on complete bed rest for the next 2-4 weeks.  Which means its up to us to take care of her.  I feel bad for her, but its also alot to have to take care of someone else all the time that isn't your spouse or family.

7. I had to take my dog to the vet last week because he cracked a toe nail all the way back to the quick.  He was limping around for two days before we took him to the vet.  They had to sedate him and remove his whole toe nail.  He had a bandage for a few days, it was so pitiful.  Our dogs are our babies and it just broke my heart.

8. I took the OPK yesterday and thought it was positive, so we purchased a digital test.  It was negative :-(  So I am pretty sure that I have not been ovulating the last few months

9. I have been thinking about doing an online journal or blog.  But I want it to be private.  Does anyone have any suggestions?

10. My mom got engaged on Valentine's Day and I found out on Facebook.  Oh I just love my dysfunctional family 

HSG 12/12/12        

It's a GIRL!

Proud foster parents to two little girls ages 2.5 yrs old, M,  and 1 year old, K

• Options
    Okay... Here we go!

1. Surprise! A's surge looks like it is coming early which is totally stressful and exciting....
    2. We are planning on trying an ICI this cycle along with our IUI. I am really excited about, because as someone who identifies as nonfemale, it has been very frustrated to be a passive member of the ttc journey. I am excited to take a more active role. We also picked two different donors so the "seed" is even less belonging to a person.
    3. I love my job! I work with kids at a year round outdoor education center and today I taught some Middle school girls how to geocache in the snow, and then taught some 5 years olds about what makes rainbows!
    4. I am not use to this snowy weather and for the first time in my life I am sick of seeing snow.
    5. I am running a 10k this Sunday, and I am bet nervous about it. With our ttc stress I haven't been able or wiling to train as much as I would like.
    6. One of our very best friends just got engaged! She lives in England and was in our wedding, so we have already started to figure out how we will make the trip there for her nuptials!
    7. We visited A's family this week and it reminded me how completely lucky I am to have found a family that I feel so at home with.
    8. Trying to make babies is one of the weirdest things I have ever done. It still feels surreal and like we have no idea what we are doing.
    9. A is "making" me watch the bachelor... Which means I pretend that I hate it, and she pretends to talk me into it and then I pretend that I am giving in...
    10. I got a new haircut, which is slightly different than the haircut I have had for the past 5 years.... A seems to like it :

Baby Hayden Frances born 12/20/14 at 11:11 a.m...  Our perfect little miracle.  Here's how we got here:

My lovely wife:

5 IUI's January 2013-June 2013- 3 Cycles with Clomid- BFN

Myself: Genderqueer guy who hopped in the driver's seat of the baby making train

IUI #6- 7/23- Monitored and Trigger on Day 12, with one 16mm follicle and one 18mm follicle- BFN

IUI #7- 8/21- Not monitored, 50mg Clomid- BFN

September and October: Missed Cycles due to vacation and a Half Marathon

IUI #8- Monitored and triggered on day 15, with one 23x18mm follicle- BFN on 11/19/2013

December:  Moved onto to see an RE to make a good plan.

IUI #9- 1/1/2014 Natural Cycle, BFP on 1/15/2014,  6W Ultra-Sound Reveals nothing in Gestation Sack... Natural M/C at 7W, 2/3/2014

IUI #10 3/21/2014- Natural Cycle- BFP on 4/1/2014 (please don't be an April Fools.  Beta #1 13dpiui- 48, Beta #2 16dpiui- 416, Beta #3 1018...

1st Ultrasound- 4/22/2014- 6w4d HB- 134!

Check out my Blog at: http://pregnantboithinksoutloud.blogspot.com/ 

• Options
    imagetrisholio:

10. My mom got engaged on Valentine's Day and I found out on Facebook.  Oh I just love my dysfunctional family 

Just hold on to the fact that you have your own family and it won't have to be dysfunctional! I can't stand the crazies in my family (in-laws and my own fam)....I hold on to the fact that my wife and I have our own family and we literally have a step-by-step guide of what NOT to do... 

• Options

Oh my goodness, I couldn't agree more!  We both come from very dysfunctional families and we both have been through counseling and realize exactly what we DON'T want to do!!  My mom is working on her 5th marriage, but God forbid us Gays get married!   I will step off my soap box now :-)

imagepolyhymnia23:
    imagetrisholio:

Just hold on to the fact that you have your own family and it won't have to be dysfunctional! I can't stand the crazies in my family (in-laws and my own fam)....I hold on to the fact that my wife and I have our own family and we literally have a step-by-step guide of what NOT to do... 

HSG 12/12/12        

It's a GIRL!

• Options
    imagetrisholio:

8. I took the OPK yesterday and thought it was positive, so we purchased a digital test.  It was negative :-(  So I am pretty sure that I have not been ovulating the last few months

9. I have been thinking about doing an online journal or blog.  But I want it to be private.  Does anyone have any suggestions?

I am experiencing the same thing with my OPKs they have had light line since yesterday and I am freaking out because I don't know what to do! 

Along the lines of your wanting to blog, I have a website through webs.com and there is a blog option on there and I know there are privacy options with that and there are free options. 

Queer coupled and having a BABY with the love of my life! Love my life and wouldn't have it any other way!
    First IUI 1/22/2013 BFN: 2/7/2013, Second IUI 2/21/2013 BFN: 3/9/2013, Third IUI 4/23/2013 BFN: 5/8/2013, Fourth IUI 5/24/2013 BFN: 6/7/2013, Fifth IUI 6/24/2013 BFN: 7/8/2013

C began IUI's
    7/23/2013 C's first IUI BFN, 8/21/2013 C's second IUI BFN , Took a break in September and October, 11/05/2013 C's 3rd IUI (TWW...we meet again...) BFN, Took off the month to switch to an RE. 01/01/2014 C's 4th IUI...BFP!!!!!!!! Beta #1- 17, Beta #2- 34, Beta #3-140....  6W Ultra-Sound Reveals nothing in Gestation Sack... Natural M/C at 7W, 2/3/2014

03/21/2014 IUI #10...BFP!!! Beta #1- 48, Beta #2- 416, Beta #3- 1018. GROW BABY GROW!!!

1st Ultrasound 4/22/2014 Baby Squints is PERFECT! Measuring at 6w2d with a heartbeat of 129. EDD: 12/12/14.

Ultrasound at 18 weeks on 7/14/2014. Baby is healthy and growing just as she should!

Check out my blog at: http://journeytoparenthoodandmakingmilk.blogspot.com/

• Options

Congratulations on your 7 month old, and it sounds like you literally have your hands full!

I am not an expert, but I am pretty sure that you can still ovulate while you are breastfeeding--even if you don't get period, and that people have surprise babies this way. Ok, maybe I saw that on an episode of "I Didn't Know I Was Pregnant," but I am pretty sure.  But I think the problem is progesterone levels drop while breastfeeding and that it is more difficult to get pregnant and sustain it while breastfeeding. This is all if you were doing an IUI, but it sounds like you are doing IVF, and I don't think you can do that while breastfeeding. I'm glad you mention this because I am only 12 weeks pregnant, but I am 40 and we have some frozen embryos waiting, and I plan to breastfeed but want to begin trying to conceive as soon as I finish breastfeeding. In an ideal world, I would breastfeed for about a year, but I think I am just going to do 6 or 8 months so that we can quickly do the FET--especially since, if it doesn't work, my wife's eggs (we are using her embryos because I have diminished ovarian reserve) will have aged another year.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Congrats on your pregnancy Smile  I definitely think you're right about ovulating (maybe I saw that same episode - lol) I didn't know about low progestrone though. I thought maybe I could be ovulating, but I have no way of telling when - though maybe OPKs would work??  I'll have to look into that.   I was thinking about setting up an appointment with an RE to discuss our options and get an idea of what the next steps would be... Anyway its all so huge. I love hearing IVF success stories though - thank you for sharing yours!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"