Potty Training
Options

Probably the billionth PT question!

DD seems like she is ready to PT...she shows interest in sitting on it when we do, says when she has to go, takes her diaper off and would rather not wear it or pants, etc.  So we've picked a couple weekends when DH was home and started.  The first time (about a month ago) she absolutely refused to sit down when she had to go and would scream hysterically.  I thought she wasn't ready and decided not to push it further. 

Then, this last weekend I thought I'd give it another go.  Same thing, only this time I got her to sit on the potty when she had to go, but she just wouldn't go.  She'd hold it and hold it and then just go on the floor later.  Is she just still not ready or should I just jump right into it and ditch the diapers completely?  I have no clue, she is my first!  Thanks for any help or tips!

Re: Probably the billionth PT question!

• Options
    I'd start with getting some books to read with her about pting to get the idea across, if she's screaming about sitting on it she doesn't sound ready IMO
  • Options
    I bribed my son. I gave him one piece of a fruit snack each time he sit on the potty. Then if he peed or pooped I gave him a mm. After a couple of days he loved it!! Were on day 10 of using underwear or naked time and he only had 3 accidents yesterday and was dry during his nap. Soo bribery worked for
    us, LOL! He doesn't even expect a
    treat now.
    his favorite part right now is to flush the potty!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagejlpev:
    I bribed my son. I gave him one piece of a fruit snack each time he sit on the potty. Then if he peed or pooped I gave him a mm. After a couple of days he loved it!! Were on day 10 of using underwear or naked time and he only had 3 accidents yesterday and was dry during his nap. Soo bribery worked for
    us, LOL! He doesn't even expect a
    treat now.
    his favorite part right now is to flush the potty!!

My DD was holding it to. I posted above about balking at he potty. I just tries tonight bribing her while she was one the potty to get her to sit long enough. She went twice without a fight. We'll see if it continues to work. My sitter actually puts the potty in the living room for now also and she pees while watching her cartoons.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Our 3 Precious Angels That Left Us Too Soon
    BFP #2-EDD 07/05/13 - Tater and Tot passed at 12w3d. D&C 1/17/13
    BFP #3-EDD 12/19/13 - Peanut passed at 9w1d. D&C 05/31/13

Diagnosed with Hypothyroid 05/20/13 

BFP #4 - 09/22/13 - DD#2 born 05/27/14

All Alers Welcome!

imageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"