Late Term and Child Loss
Options

my little angel

i've been pretty sad lately. last year i lost a baby. It was a girl which i was hoping for. I couldn't for the life of me ever think of boy names that i liked. Our first ultra-sound was 20 weeks. I was lying there and the nurse said she would be back in a minute, i didn't start to worry until she said that an on call doctor was on the way to talk to us about the ultra sound. She said that the baby had fluid around her and a tumorous lump, and that our baby was dying. We had to make a choice to abort it or go full term to say goodbye, but it would die a couple hours after birth. My boyfriend started crying as soon as we left the room. I waited until i got outside of the hospital. I hate when people feel bad for me. I barely told anybody i was pregnant because i was scared something bad would happen. My mom has miscarried a few times. I cried for two days straight until my next ultra sound, only to find out that my baby had died. I went in that night to be admitted to the hospital. they induced my labor and i delivered my lifeless baby two days later. At least when you have a baby and it lives all the pain is worth it. but there is no greater pain than holding someone that you put so much love into and knowing you couldn't have it. later the doctors told me that i had negative blood and the babys was positive so my body attacked the baby which is what killed her. that is what hurts the most. knowing that my body killed my baby. i think it could have been prevented. i dont really know who to talk to, i feel better just getting it out there. I feel like nobody understands what i went through...

Re: my little angel

• Options
    Huge hugs to you. I am so sorry for your loss. Please know that you have come to an incredible board full of amazing women who really understand. All of our experiences are a bit different but we all understand the pain of this kind of loss.

My daughter was also given a terminal diagnosis some of which included hydrops too. Please know that you aren't alone and we are always here for you. I have found writing to be really helpful as I try to live with my new normal. I have written several letters to my daughter to explain to her what happened. I also have gone to a therapist and attended a couple of support groups.

Please feel free to private message me anytime. This board is amazing but there are also some boards on Baby Center that deal specifically with terminal diagnosis which I also have found helpful. You are in my thoughts and prayers.
  • Options
    I am so sorry for your loss.  No one can understand exactly what you went through, because only you and your boyfriend had that exact loss.  But we all understand the pain of losing a child.  Sorry you have to be here, but as pp said, these ladies are amazing. 
    TTC since May 2011
    Provera x3 late 2011, no natural response. (Previous BCP for 12 years).
     Dx PCOS April 2012. 
    Clomid x 4 - no response.
    First FSH/Ovidrel cycle early Aug 2012 - 18 days of injections, slow growth, erratic estrogen levels, triggered Aug 21st. 
    BFP Sept 4th and Sept 7th! 
     7wk US Sept 28th - triplets! 
    Perfect triplets lost at 20 weeks due to incompetent cervix. Allison Grace, James Alexander and Colin Gregory forever in our hearts!  
    IVF #1 10/11/13 -  canceled before retrieval.  
    IVF# 2 11/28/13 - retrieval on Turkey Day! Hyperstim - no transfer
    FET #1 2/4/14 - miscarriage @ 9 weeks (Trisomy 6) 
    FET #2 6/8/14 - healthy normal baby! Due date 2/25/15
         Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm so sorry for the loss of you baby girl. We all understand losing a baby so you are not alone!! Hugs!!
    DS- Brenden born 11/13/93 Missed miscarriage on March 6, 2007 @ 9 weeks D&C on March 8th 2007. Riley Annalise born 2/25/08 ( 3 weeks early weighing 8 lbs 12.8 oz.) Chemical pregnancy 3/2010. Sydney Adriana born sleeping on 9/30/11 weighing 10lbs 3 oz at 38wks 4 days. Trinity Alivia born via c section at 36 wks 4 days weighing 9 lbs. 5.7 oz. She is our amazing rainbow baby!!! Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers PGAL buddy drvst8
  • Options
    that is the best thing about this place. finding people who understand for once. i really needed that. I am sorry that we all have been through the same situations but knowing that we aren't alone helps with the coping
  • Options

imagedreprogal:
    that is the best thing about this place. finding people who understand for once. i really needed that. I am sorry that we all have been through the same situations but knowing that we aren't alone helps with the coping

I totally agree being on this board helps with coping. I am so very sorry for your loss I lost a daughter as well. ((HUGS))

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"