TTC after 35
Options

AMH

Hi All - I usually post on secondary IF but I have a question you guys might be able to help with - is amh the main test to determine age related infertility? (I am 37).

Thanks! 

Re: AMH

• Options
    AMH is an important test but an RE will also look at your FSH and antral follicle count to assess your overall ovarian aging situation.  It's kind of a sum of the parts analysis, though if any part is off the charts (undetectable AMH, super-high FSH, super-low AFC) it doesn't bode well.  (Ladies have definitely had success with one or more of these issues, though.)
  • Options

imagebrooklynesque:
    AMH is an important test but an RE will also look at your FSH and antral follicle count to assess your overall ovarian aging situation.  It's kind of a sum of the parts analysis, though if any part is off the charts (undetectable AMH, super-high FSH, super-low AFC) it doesn't bode well.  (Ladies have definitely had success with one or more of these issues, though.)

this exactly! There isn't one test... 

***siggy/ticker warning***

Me:36 DH:38 TTC#1 since 4/2012
    Me DX: Hashimotos,Hypothyroid, DOR, MTHFR,  DH: normal

IUI #1-#4 BFNs and a few cancelled cycles in the mix.
    - poor responder
    ***Suprise BFP on 6/13/13. Natural MC @6wks 3days
    IVF#1 and 2- Cancelled due to no response on max stimms
    FET 5/20- BFP
    1st Beta- 641
    2nd beta- 2166
    Sono- TWINS!!!!
    Two Boys! Born January 2015 @36 weeks.  Healthy and no NICU!  So blessed!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Do you guys think its odd that I got my testing results and there doesn't seem to have been an FSH test? Only amh and it was a 3.7. I am 37
  • Options
    3.7 doesn't sound too bad.  I am .86 and 42 yrs old.  On a chart I found online they said that I am "low normal" for my age.  I don't think my RE feels that way, I think he is going to tell me it is way too low when I go back & see him on Tuesday.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"